What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuck,
Ck80 May offer you a 6 pack of cheap beer and half a pizza for the elky of things don’t go as planned.

But seriously, hope everything goes well.
Well of course it didn't and it got even more complicated. BTW the carb fit nicely and upon cranking gave all indcations it would start, but didn' t. I gave up early because the carb inlet was dripping and all efforts to get it sealed have not yet worked, It sealed fine before, so go figure! Instead, I have not figutred out where the water is getting out, before I try starting it again I will have to hoist it up and see. Crawling around under a car not high enough off the ground is what I enjoy the most at 70

! woke up in the middle of the night wonderiing if my block is cracked in a place I haven;t yet discovered. Not water in the oil and no oil in the water makes my nightmare just a dream, but I am going to find it! The up side is I have a 1970 350 Engine sitting on the floor so if I have to pull it and start over I can. HAHAHA!:blam: The all new internals should be swapable after some minumum machine shop time. Bury me in this car please! Wish I'd kept mt cherry picker and engine stand but I actually thought I was through with them 2 years ago. While it is up I will go ahead and put in the proportioning valve and at least make it stop even if it won't go. I was going to put the 350 I bought in a 68-77 body for my son, but he still hasn't learned to drive, so it may be way too miuch for me ahead.

So you're offering air? At what value? Per Cubic foot, or minimum fixed volume? Come with an air quality standard and/or filtered and purified, or as created by nature?😀

Nick
Nick, you're giving away the bargaining power here. Air sounds.... unimpressive. You'd be surprised how many folks get to wondering what they get from the hole.

It REALLY gets good if I offer the contents of an even bigger hole, from gold-rich land claim.

Now, all that leverage is gone 🤣

Went out to my local Dyno shop today. Guy there totally blew me away! I found out that I did manage to get air/fuel mixture right, but idle was alittle high and Choke needed to be a little more on the rich side. He did pull the 1# plug and found it was black (Fouled) so I am in the process as we speak replacing all spark plugs. That should get the Acceleration back in order. Thankfully I didn't f$#k 😓 up anything else. Other than having a couple of cylinders not firing due to plugs, it runs great. He didn't charge me a thing, I am most thankful for that. It's a great day today 👍.

It's nice to have guys like that. There's a guy who owns a shop by my house here in Arizona that has answered several of my questions (in depth) and even had some hands on just for the love of old cars. He genuinely takes the time needed.

So make it a multi-hole proposition. Offer the choice of what is in hole #1, or hole #2, or hole #3. Sound familiar?? The holes can range in size or depth, or anything else you can conjure up to make them interesting. Use bottom land for the location; just don't ask me what the land is on the bottom of.............................

Nick

So make it a multi-hole proposition. Offer the choice of what is in hole #1, or hole #2, or hole #3. Sound familiar?? The holes can range in size or depth, or anything else you can conjure up to make them interesting. Use bottom land for the location; just don't ask me what the land is on the bottom of.............................

Nick
Nick, you sound like a guy fishing for an offer on that monte of yours....

Hmm...

So, what do you look for in a hole for its contents to be appealing..... choice of three holes? Doable, although, they may be smaller....

"Fishing for an Offer?" NO, Nein, Nyet, Non, Nicht. Not even out in the boat and making that first cast; don't even own a boat, have not seen a single worm on the sidewalk in months, and have zero desire to acquire yet another bottomless pit to throw my sparse spare pennies into.

For those who believe that I doth protest too much, the inventory for 80's era Monte Carlos around here is close to negative in numbers. Know of exactly one, a hulk with parts missing, that used to be black, had a "body-man" throw a coat of primer sealer at it several years ago and got driven around as a rat until something possibly broke. it has sat for several years; the body beater died in the mean time, and the estate , well who knows. Beyond that, I have no room for anymore projects and the idea of buying land somewhere close to off the grid and hauling out a few Sea-Cans to create a Steam-Punk sanctuary is something I would have done 40 odd years ago had the components been available at that time.

There actually is a stash of G-Bodies out one of the county roads but the owner can't legally sell anything from them because he is not a legal parts yard and the city won't give him a permit because some bearded clam with nothing better to do had moved into the area and started upsetting the commerical/industrial status quo. When I needed doors, he had them, and actually did want to make a deal, but was getting harassed so badly that he had to turn my custom down due to the possibility of being charged and fined for whatever BS the Bylaw enforcement ossifers could throw at him that would stick. Hasn't got any better neither. At a swag, what is there would be worth about $1,000,000.00 but no bank would ever touch it because all they understand is profit and risk, as in, too risky, no profit. Moroons.

Nick

"Fishing for an Offer?" NO, Nein, Nyet, Non, Nicht. Not even out in the boat and making that first cast; don't even own a boat, have not seen a single worm on the sidewalk in months, and have zero desire to acquire yet another bottomless pit to throw my sparse spare pennies into.

For those who believe that I doth protest too much, the inventory for 80's era Monte Carlos around here is close to negative in numbers. Know of exactly one, a hulk with parts missing, that used to be black, had a "body-man" throw a coat of primer sealer at it several years ago and got driven around as a rat until something possibly broke. it has sat for several years; the body beater died in the mean time, and the estate , well who knows. Beyond that, I have no room for anymore projects and the idea of buying land somewhere close to off the grid and hauling out a few Sea-Cans to create a Steam-Punk sanctuary is something I would have done 40 odd years ago had the components been available at that time.

There actually is a stash of G-Bodies out one of the county roads but the owner can't legally sell anything from them because he is not a legal parts yard and the city won't give him a permit because some bearded clam with nothing better to do had moved into the area and started upsetting the commerical/industrial status quo. When I needed doors, he had them, and actually did want to make a deal, but was getting harassed so badly that he had to turn my custom down due to the possibility of being charged and fined for whatever BS the Bylaw enforcement ossifers could throw at him that would stick. Hasn't got any better neither. At a swag, what is there would be worth about $1,000,000.00 but no bank would ever touch it because all they understand is profit and risk, as in, too risky, no profit. Moroons.

Nick
buy him some groceries, he gives you some free parts
"no ossifer, just buying my friend some lunch".....

Reactions: john87442
Installed new LED's. Here are the running lights and the full lights . Came out really good next LED interior light will post pics .

Attachments

• 20230723_200553.jpg
    20230723_200553.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 64
  • 20230726_201948.jpg
    20230726_201948.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor