What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got notified I have tires at Walmart, a day early. Since I had the wheels in the truck they were mounted today & they look good for crusier tires.
DSCN4415.JPGDSCN4416.JPG
Those "dots" are rotation indicators.
Of course you can't have it go easy. Went inside to ensure they were there, yep. Ask the kid if I could get them mount now, yep. Then he told me I had to get in line at the check in spot outside to get them mounted, WTF? OK, did it. Told the next kid mounted, balanced, road hazard, sticky weights, trash old tires, unloaded the wheels. Watching them mount the tires, I see the guy balancing them pull out the ol' hamer & not the sticky weights, again WTF. Had to remind them which weights. Tires are done & got ready to pay for them but didn't see the road hazard. Asked yet another kid what gives, he did't know but asked the manager. He refused to let him bill me for them cause there was no car there (had mileage from one of the pics of the dash) & added they had to be the correct sized tires in order to even to buy it. Then said bring the car in after 50 miles to be retorqued (????) so he can verifiy those are the tires in the right size for the car. Had the urge to thoat punch someone but didn't. The kid said he wouldn't of had an issue since I had the info & couldn't see why he would turn down money. I've had issues with this manager in the past.

Got notified I have tires at Walmart, a day early. Since I had the wheels in the truck they were mounted today & they look good for crusier tires.
View attachment 226848View attachment 226849
Of course you can't have it go easy. Went inside to ensure they were there, yep. Ask the kid if I could get them mount now, yep. Then he told me I had to get in line at the check in spot outside to get them mounted, WTF? OK, did it. Told the next kid mounted, balanced, road hazard, sticky weights, trash old tires, unloaded the wheels. Watching them mount the tires, I see the guy balancing them pull out the ol' hamer & not the sticky weights, again WTF. Had to remind them which weights. Tires are done & got ready to pay for them but didn't see the road hazard. Asked yet another kid what gives, he did't know but asked the manager. He refused to let him bill me for them cause there was no car there (had mileage from one of the pics of the dash) & added they had to be the correct sized tires in order to even to buy it. Then said bring the car in after 50 miles to be retorqued (????) so he can verifiy those are the tires in the right size for the car. Had the urge to thoat punch someone but didn't. The kid said he wouldn't of had an issue since I had the info & couldn't see why he would turn down money. I've had issues with this manager in the past.
was in Wallyworld a couple weeks ago with a friend of mine. they literally would not sell him a battery unless it matched to the vehicle. even though we all know people do re-wiring on cable terminal ends and sometimes go smaller or move the mounting location.

• Wow
Reactions: pagrunt
Not sure where you are located but I think I might have one. I gotta double check my storage unit.
Illinois, but I don't think it is totally beyond repair yet. I do need to have it out of the car to properly weld it up, but that probably isn't going to happen until late fall or winter. God only knows, it is hotter than Satan's taint out right now.

Reactions: joesregalproject
Both situations (pagrunt & 86LK) sound like Discount Tire...

AkA corporate bullshit.

Last edited:

One day I'm gonna buy my own tire machines. I'm tired of paying $100 for mount, balance and disposal, worrying about my rims being damaged and dealing with that BS.

Only thing is I need a machine capable of doing bigger wheels. F-150 has 20s and I'd prefer something that does up to 22s, because anymore they aren't common.

Reactions: pagrunt
One day I'm gonna buy my own tire machines. I'm tired of paying $100 for mount, balance and disposal, worrying about my rims being damaged and dealing with that BS.

Only thing is I need a machine capable of doing bigger wheels. F-150 has 20s and I'd prefer something that does up to 22s, because anymore they aren't common.
Just don't make the mistake our shop did and buy remanned coats machines, ours have been nothing but problems

Shoot a message to 69hurstolds as I'm sure that he could be persuaded to make you 2 labels for the door,.one replica of what should've been there and one listing whatever size tire you bought for the car.

Here's another option for you though. Have you got a Discount tire nearby? The one at least around here says company policy is they'll sell their tire certificates on any tire, doesn't even need to be theirs, can already be on a vehicle.

In fact, we had the wife wreck a tire on the XL which was a Costco tire. Problem was, it was special replacement needed to be ordered, 2 weeks out. And I needed the truck that day. Guy as discount tire could get one that afternoon, I paid for one tire certificate through them, zip zip zap 6 hours later truck was ready to go back to work. The $30 was worth less than 2 weeks of the truck being down, despite costco having free replacement.

If your location can't, or won't, do it I can ask if the same manager is still here. They do it all computerized for their 'certificates' so I can ask if they can use pictures of the serial numbers and date codes off your tires and write certificates here for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor