What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
refresh my memory and correct me if I'm wrong. weren't you having an issue with the cowl hitting the windshield? how did you fix that?
When I bought it I knew I would have to trim it since the scoop is designed to for a lift off hood and I had them make it as a bolt on.
I kept trimming a half inch at a time until it cleared, I wanted to keep the scoop as long as possible going towards the windshield, my final trim left 1/4" clearance.
Another member had an issue with the hood hitting the windshield and modified his hinges to stop it from opening all of the way.
20230320_193212 (1).jpg

SpongBob, you can get the plastic/nylon screw clips from OPGI, Dixie, which addies on this site, may have them too. Those screws come with a phillips posi-drive head and are manufactured with a built in sui-cide mode which allows them to break very easily as they get old or if they jam or rust.

Nick

Crammed a new battery in the back of my SS. Had the receipt was a hair outside the 3 year warranty.

Bought April 2020 at a hair below $101.
Today: $151.

My brain hurts because I understand the dumb. I'm done for the day.

20230813_100634.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: CopperNick
you're being extra careful with the headlight upgrade, and that's always a smart move. Since you've got the cover off and are looking for things to do, you might consider checking and cleaning any electrical connections in that area. It's a great time to inspect for any signs of wear or corrosion. Also, if you haven't done so lately, you could take the opportunity to polish or wax that part of the car for extra protection and shine. Good luck with finding the right weather window for painting.

Got the fittings for the fuel sender modifications Saturday, got 1/2 inch tubing today. My bending skills need work and the PT tubing bender I bought for 1/2 tube couldn’t bend dry aluminum tubing without kinking it past 15 degrees. Tried filling the tube with water and sealing the ends.
It kind of worked
8D387FFB-4473-4521-841D-F05F0457A503.jpeg

488592F6-FCFA-4357-B898-C2C54A8337D3.jpeg

And that is typical of aluminum in a tight situation. Ni-Copp, aka nickel-copper will accept the tighter bend and is rust/corrosion resistant; can be used as fuel line.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor