What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got an around to putting the fuel tank in. It was a little tight with the stock straps and the filler neck was a little high up. Both of which I expected. For the neck I stuck a long pry bar in the filler neck and gently pulled down on it.
IMG_3611.jpeg
IMG_3612.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users
Finally got an around to putting the fuel tank in. It was a little tight with the stock straps and the filler neck was a little high up. Both of which I expected. For the neck I stuck a long pry bar in the filler neck and gently pulled down on it. View attachment 231084View attachment 231085
While I used new straps with my tank swap, I too had to pry my filler tube down a bit also.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Got the transmission back last night, rushed over there cause they called at the end of the day. Asked the guy on the phone what it was, he said he didnt know I could talk to the owner when I got there. Owner said he didnt see anything out of sorts, said that the torque converter company said they saw some fine metal in it but wasn't bad. So he said transmission looked like new when he opened it up, said he went through everything. Only thing he could think of was that the lockup was trying to lock it up but wasn't set up that way, said to put it in and see what happens. Said if it gives me any more trouble he will just build me a new 350 since they are usually pretty reliable

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users
Put on the Bilstein AK shocks on the rear. What a difference over the KYB Gas-A-Just shocks that were on it. Nice and solid and no more metal on metal.
1700312179378.jpeg

1700312303853.jpeg

Also took care of the leaky thermostat.

When I got to my friend’s house to do the work, I went to start the car to pull it into his shop only to find out the starter took a crap. So, also did the starter too.

Reactions: 10 users
Put on the Bilstein AK shocks on the rear. What a difference over the KYB Gas-A-Just shocks that were on it. Nice and solid and no more metal on metal.
View attachment 231178
View attachment 231179
Also took care of the leaky thermostat.

When I got to my friend’s house to do the work, I went to start the car to pull it into his shop only to find out the starter took a crap. So, also did the starter too.
Better then than in a parking lot somewhere!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Very nice what upgrades did the shop do for your 200r4? And how much hp is it handling
Sorry for the late reply on this! I have to call and ask exactly what he did, but basically he built it to handle around 600hp. I'm shooting for high 400s to the crank, so I have plenty of wiggle room there! Based on the cam specs/gear/tire/etc. I had him do a 3000ish converter in it as well.

aint been driving it. work schedule went from two on, two off, three on, two off (basically every other friday saturday sunday i have off) to monday-friday, so driving about 6-700 miles a week is killing my soul and my wallet.
My k1500 gets like 2 more mpg plus it can hang out at 85-90 and not explode so i've been driving that. Once i move back to dsm with my girl im gonna be primarily driving the car again, after i fix all the leaks.

Reactions: 1 users
Got back to it to take stock of things I want to do over winter and to clean it out and move things into storage, looked at the dash and saw this:
B62FAD8C-0F29-4B18-B109-0541AFAC06F7.jpeg

I need to get this thing finished.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor