What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

What exactly are we supposed to be seeing here?
Sorry probably should have done that, just felt I was getting a little long winded. There is a hole in the back of the BIM box from the screw on the firewall right at the top of the 2 sided tape from when we mounted the Edlebrock stuff

Reactions: 86LK and Rktpwrd
Sorry probably should have done that, just felt I was getting a little long winded. There is a hole in the back of the BIM box from the screw on the firewall right at the top of the 2 sided tape from when we mounted the Edlebrock stuff
Ahh..... That was my assumption but wasn't sure if that was 'the failure'. So the self-tapper compromised the circuit board? That does suck but it happens to most of us as these builds evolve. I hope that officially does resolve your issues there.

The constant no-start thing you keep experiencing would have me frustrated beyond belief. There is def something still amiss somewhere.

Ahh..... That was my assumption but wasn't sure if that was 'the failure'. So the self-tapper compromised the circuit board? That does suck but it happens to most of us as these builds evolve. I hope that officially does resolve your issues there.

The constant no-start thing you keep experiencing would have me frustrated beyond belief. There is def something still amiss somewhere.
Thanks, yeah constantly debating on
200.gif

Reactions: Rktpwrd and scoti
Thanks, yeah constantly debating on
200.gif
Exactly my friend. I would probably already have done that).

If I can't drive it w/o worry, what's the point of having it? All my old vehicles (older than your car) have been mostly/consistently reliable over the years of ownership & use. Your vapor-lock + restart related stuff (the common issues I've noted in your posts) would be a No-Go for me. I don't want to be in something that's a coin-toss reliability wise each re-start or trip. Far too frustrating.

Exactly my friend. I would probably already have done that).

If I can't drive it w/o worry, what's the point of having it? All my old vehicles (older than your car) have been mostly/consistently reliable over the years of ownership & use. Your vapor-lock + restart related stuff (the common issues I've noted in your posts) would be a No-Go for me. I don't want to be in something that's a coin-toss reliability wise each re-start or trip. Far too frustrating.
Yeah just how things are for me, I always used to say I could have Chip Foose work on my car and it would be the first time he admitted defeat. Back when the GTO was under warranty it lived at the dealer for problems, then it was pretty solid for quite a while so we will see. Maybe once the Blazer is done it will be the problem child and the Monte will start to behave

Fiancé and I are having a small get together to reveal the baby's gender soon so I got back to work on the regal so it can be safely moved to make room for guests.

Got the intake back on, rtv on the coolant ports. Against my impatient nature I'm letting it cure overnight before I add water and fire it up.

Hopefully that fixes the internal coolant leak.

Latent Congrats on your upcoming addition to the family. Instead of lullabys is it going to be header song and the rap of straight pipes to sleep by?

Being that the day was actually warm and comfortable, I elected to devote the morning to assassinating the grass; it was overdue for a hair cut, then................

had breakfast and spent the balance of the day behind a full up dust mask while the DA and I did the dance called paint removal. Got the radiator air duct floor shot with a first coat of anti-rust black and went 240 on a foam block to sand it down and see what popped up first. Fired a second coat at it set it off to dry. Pulled the second duct wall panel and stripped it down. Introduced it to my body hammers and managed to flatten out some of the more obvious kinks and plinks. Gave it a coat of Rust Mort and moved on the cover panel that sits between the upper rail of the rad cradle and the urethane nose to close that area in so air has to feed the rad and can't escape its fate.

STill warm after supper so went back out to the shop, scuffed the inner surface of the air duct floor and shot it with a coat of anti-rust black. The Rust Mort kicked off rapidly in the warm temps so made it easier to keep working on it rather than having to sit there and watch the proverbial paint dry.

Nick

Last edited:
Latent Congrats on your upcoming addition to the family. Instead of lullabys is it going to be header song and the rap of straight pipes to sleep by?

Being that the day was actually warm and comfortable, I elected to devote the morning to assassinating the grass; it was overdue for a hair cut, then................

had breakfast and spent the balance of the day behind a full up dust mask while the DA and I did the dance called paint removal. Got the radiator air duct floor shot with a first coat of anti-rust black and went 240 on a foam block to sand it down and see what popped up first. Fired a second coat at it set it off to dry. Pulled the second duct wall panel and stripped it down. Introduced it to my body hammers and managed to flatten out some of the more obvious kinks and plinks. Gave it a coat of Rust Mort and moved on the cover panel that sits between the upper rail of the rad cradle and the urethane nose to close that area in so air has to feed the rad and can't escape its fate.

STill warm after supper so went back out to the shop, scuffed the inner surface of the air duct floor and shot it with a coat of anti-rust black. The Rust Mort kicked off rapidly in the warm temps so made it easier to keep working on it rather than having to sit there and watch the proverbial paint dry.

Nick
Nothing like a pair of singing hookers to lull your children to sleep.

• Haha
Reactions: Sweet_Johnny

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor