Wichita, Kansas
Way to go man, congratulations!

Reactions: 3 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
A few late dinners and a couple early breakfasts and here comes Jr.
Congratulations on your future car guy. What a blessing!

Reactions: 5 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
I got started painting yesterday, however the by the time I got to it the wind had picked up drastically and it was slightly over 80 degrees which left the paint spattering out and causing spiderwebbing. Today I went out at 8 am finished off some areas that needed sanding and Filler, then started on the Passenger side, the spray setting I would find out was wrong thus I got over spray until I figured out which setting was best, even then I have to be more than 10 inches away from the surface, the one area I tried with the current setting is much better. Still because of yesterdays paint fiasco I am going to have to smooth sand it all down for a second coating. Throughout the next coming week we are expecting high winds most especially tomorrow. I am hoping for a bit of calm in the Morning before the high winds kick in.

20240629_140217[1].jpg 20240630_103601[1].jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I got started painting yesterday, however the by the time I got to it the wind had picked up drastically and it was slightly over 80 degrees which left the paint spattering out and causing spiderwebbing. Today I went out at 8 am finished off some areas that needed sanding and Filler, then started on the Passenger side, the spray setting I would find out was wrong thus I got over spray until I figured out which setting was best, even then I have to be more than 10 inches away from the surface, the one area I tried with the current setting is much better. Still because of yesterdays paint fiasco I am going to have to smooth sand it all down for a second coating. Throughout the next coming week we are expecting high winds most especially tomorrow. I am hoping for a bit of calm in the Morning before the high winds kick in.

View attachment 241535 View attachment 241536
I applaud your diligence hope things go a little smoother next time. I'd go insane trying to paint in the wind.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Maybe change your shot time from during the early morning or day to just around sundown. The winds tend to drop for a bit about that time.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Tomicamino

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Aug 27, 2019
Finland
Camino started to leak oil from the back of the engine between trans. First tough was oh on, rear main seal, took the converter cover off, no oil from seal or oil pan, somewhere from upper and side of engine was oily, first though was valve cover, but no. then started engine and oil started pour, finally found that oil pressure sender was leaking in the back of engine, what a reliefe, easy fix. Almost had sleepless nights for that

Reactions: 5 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018

View attachment 241535 View attachment 241536
high winds? is that why your neighbors have old truck tires on their roof? so it doesn't go sailing away?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
The tires on the roof thing mIght be more of a way to store stuff where space is limited and all you have is a dilapidated forty footer to live in. Although the tire as a paper weight idea is not a bad one given the tendency of trailers to attempt to emulate air planes when the high winds blow. Get a 6 pak or so of dead tractor tires from the down the road farmers dump pile and situate them carefully and gently upstairs 'cause 40 footers aren't normally known for their strong internal structures and general sturdiness.

Nick

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
The tires on the roof thing mIght be more of a way to store stuff where space is limited and all you have is a dilapidated forty footer to live in. Although the tire as a paper weight idea is not a bad one given the tendency of trailers to attempt to emulate air planes when the high winds blow. Get a 6 pak or so of dead tractor tires from the down the road farmers dump pile and situate them carefully and gently upstairs 'cause 40 footers aren't normally known for their strong internal structures and general sturdiness.

Nick
I'm just wondering if the winds are as bad there as in Carson City NV? went thru there last August and saw signs. my coworker who grew up there confirmed it. the wind beats the hell out of the highway signs, they need extra reinforcement.

1719854856436.png

1719854966117.png

1719855114952.png

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor