What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
lot of other improvements (y) but none of the underhood braces from fender to firewall? or fender to core support? or the GP bar triangulating the whole front end underneath together with the jounce bars?
Nothing for fender to firewall or core support. No GP bar yet but working on making one

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
A continuation of the good/bad weekend, got to get the Monte out to another couple of shows and had a great time at some shows. But thinking we had the hot start issue solved does not seem to be the case, was pretty much fine all weekend except for when I went to get gas. Just as i shut my car off the car in front of me started to pull away, so went to start it back up and to move up to the other but she didn't want to go. So got stuck there for like 20 minutes or so fighting it, but got it fired up and made it out to the first show. Made it back home with no problems either, until the next night coming home it stalled backing into my driveway and was stuck for probably over an hour trying to get it to start. Finally got it to kick over and was backing it into the garage for it to stall yet again so luckily was far enough into the driveway I could drift back, this time it pretty much started right back up. But once I got into the garage I could smell she was running pig rich, so guess we will have to see what else I can come up with once I replace the fuse cause even though it isn't bad and does give 12.9 on both sides I don't like the look of it. Also pulled the tail to send to digitail since it failed, hoping they can keep their word and turn it around very quickly so I have it back for this weekend, now onto some of the fun of the weekend
20240420_140922.jpg
20240421_113305.jpg
20240421_170506.jpg
20240421_191914.jpg
20240421_195127.jpg
20240421_211505.jpg
20240421_212458.jpg
20240421_212512.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
A continuation of the good/bad weekend, got to get the Monte out to another couple of shows and had a great time at some shows. But thinking we had the hot start issue solved does not seem to be the case, was pretty much fine all weekend except for when I went to get gas. Just as i shut my car off the car in front of me started to pull away, so went to start it back up and to move up to the other but she didn't want to go. So got stuck there for like 20 minutes or so fighting it, but got it fired up and made it out to the first show. Made it back home with no problems either, until the next night coming home it stalled backing into my driveway and was stuck for probably over an hour trying to get it to start. Finally got it to kick over and was backing it into the garage for it to stall yet again so luckily was far enough into the driveway I could drift back, this time it pretty much started right back up. But once I got into the garage I could smell she was running pig rich, so guess we will have to see what else I can come up with once I replace the fuse cause even though it isn't bad and does give 12.9 on both sides I don't like the look of it. Also pulled the tail to send to digitail since it failed, hoping they can keep their word and turn it around very quickly so I have it back for this weekend, now onto some of the fun of the weekend
View attachment 238265 View attachment 238264 View attachment 238263 View attachment 238262 View attachment 238261 View attachment 238260 View attachment 238259 View attachment 238258

I just recently ordered some sequential DigiTails for my front bumper signal lights, they’re estimating a 2 month delivery date. Hopefully they can turn yours around quicker, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Pulled the drive train for general inspection and regasket, and th350 front pump and input shaft seals.
20240422_211031.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I just recently ordered some sequential DigiTails for my front bumper signal lights, they’re estimating a 2 month delivery date. Hopefully they can turn yours around quicker, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
Yeah that was the back and forth I had with them, I had heard communication was not their strong point. I had messaged them a month or 2 ago when we were still troubleshooting motor stuff when we noticed the tails weren't working on one side. They replied pretty quickly to that on what to test, they lacked after that and why I got upset with them because that was their answer that building those tails out are like a 6 month wait he said. So I told them if they had returned my emails weeks ago it wouldn't have been a problem and pulled them for it to get rebuilt but now it will put the car down. So they sent me a label and said they will be doing it ASAP so they are receiving it today, I messaged them a couple times to be updated on how I would need it back by Friday to be able to drive for the weekend. So we will see if they keep their end of the deal up
Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Optimistic

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
So changed out that big fuse and of course it doesn't really fit into the holder so i am going to have to look for another option but for the time being I left it in. Then moved on to cleaning some of the top of the intake, the lacquer thinner didn't take the runs out like I had hoped so may just leave them for the time being. And then finished up using some of the header wrap to put around some of the wires that are down by the header that seemed pretty warm hoping that would help it. Just not sure if it would do the opposite, guess we will see. My buddy wanted to see the gauges of it running when I say its running really rich, he says we may try to redo the fuel map on it

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Figured out what map I am running so that my buddy could tell me which one we should go to, hopefully that helps because she is running pig rich. Also wanted to see why the Dakotas show 14 and some change but my Edlebrock shows 13ish if I'm lucky, still not sure why yet but I guess will have to do some more digging

20240424_205838.jpg
20240424_205750.jpg

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Peaked at the notorious Buick front cam bearing, looks A-OK. No real wear to speak of.
Rod bearings however...
20240425_143804.jpg

To be clear, this engine made NO noise.
Monday I'm going to order a new set of .010 rod bearings and slip them in while the engine is out, unless I can find some locally. Which is very doubtful.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor