What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

Got a little carried away today..
Started with prepping to put the firewall unit in..Then spiraled out of control..
Ended pulling the whole interior out. My back glass is leaking pretty bad, you see the puddle on the driver side rear. Carpet was soaked. Pulled and washed it. Figured I might as well just take all of it out since I need to swap in the Maroon interior anyway. I’m going to try and silicone the glass for now. I’m trying to schedule someone to have the back glass resealed and windshield replaced soon.
I did end up installing the firewall unit.. Only after I had disassembled to get it in. The instructions state to assemble it and install as a unit. Since I chose the super magnum unit it has a larger blower motor. I don’t see how it can be installed all together.
Also messed around with some vinyl I ordered. It like a “black brushed aluminum “ turned out decent with the maroon dash.

IMG_7307.jpeg

IMG_7310.jpeg

IMG_7312.jpeg
IMG_7314.jpeg

Spent the day making and installing solder lugs on the trans temp and pressure sensors.
View attachment 246762
View attachment 246763

Good news is, the temp gauge works now. Bad news, the pressure sensor barely moves. I don’t think there’s enough pressure in the cooler lines for it to read. I might move it to the side of the case to read line pressure but that won’t happen for a long time, if it does.
The cooler lines are on the return side, no pressure, you need to find plug from the case that have line pressure

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor