What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
fought with the Cutlass ,in hindsight maybe an alternator issue.

drove it ,a good 45 minutes to Stouffville Ontario for Fat Eddie's Motorfest.

meet up with Jeff & Ed ,forum members here.

look over some great automobiles , met a few friends

driving home thru farm land...........just perfect.

that is until about 2 miles from home , damn car is dead in a left turn lane.

now , not a major intersection , but busy enough.

call CAA , and start playing traffic cop.

car is home & on the charger......thinking I buying an alternator on Monday.

on the bright side ..there's cold beer in the fridge !!!

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Fired up the wagon at 0700hrs and drove it across the city to a Regimental event (admin, new soldiers, BBQ, etc)... the wagon drew a crowd before I left this afternoon. My Company 2IC snapped this picture on the highway:

IMG_4931.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
I replaced the Pioneer radio from 2004 with a new Kenwood Cd Player.

Gots to have my tunes!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I changed the distributor gasket, it was seeping oil and on a clean engine there is no grime to catch the oil so it eventually dropped on the header. I hate the smell of burning oil plus I hate oil leaks even more. I redid the timing, set the max at 34 and trying an 0 2 on the e curve dials. It surges very gently at light throttle at around 2200 rpm so I might have to back off the max a couple of degrees.

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I drove my car to town after replacing the speedometer gear, only to find that after a few miles the cable started squeaking. Apparently, the replacement gears do not allow the cable to seat quite as deeply in the inside of the gear. This caused the inner cable to be packed inside the outer cable and probably did more harm than I want to know to the cable itself. I cut about a 1/4 to 3/16 inch off of the transmission end of the inner cable and pulled the cluster out to relube the speedometer end of the cable. It works now, but the cable is a little bouncy from time to time.

Also, not that it counts as a fix, but I pulled the light bulb out of the check engine light since the computer is no longer being used.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Went to the guitar store, bought {ordered) an epiphone and amp, cords, etc. Bought some random parts I needed as well.

Oh, also I rear ended a guy. Kid, is a better word. Them trailer hitches pack a wallop. Scuffed his hitch, inverted my bumper and ripped a piece off my plate.

Here's how it went down, going about 30mph to a green light. Two people in front of me, 1st guy goes, 2nd guy goes, 1st guy slams on breaks, as does 2nd and me. It's wet outside, tires catch a wet spot, skid, and BLAM.
ah well. could've been worse. I can replace a bumper. Kinda hard to replace a car.
View attachment 95198
Glad to see it isn't worse. Its feelings are hurt but it isn't.

Reactions: 1 user

My86R3gal

Greasemonkey
Jan 12, 2015
South of Chicago
Some weight reduction
A357B9DF-8122-4A95-AA8E-743837D413F6.jpeg
DE8C4104-1879-437E-84A9-D4B5C96DBB4E.jpeg

J/k I snapped the thermostat housing bolt drilled it out extractor snapped, drilled out again just my luck... it snapped again tried for a 3rd time and said screw it took the manifold off gonna take it in so I don’t fudge it up more than what I already have.

• Haha
  • Happy
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor