What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
how did it end up in KW ? I lost one of those on my DD van last week. I was getting an awful bang every time I would pull into a parking lot only to find the sway was was banging against the rusted bolt that was left

I'll mail to to you.....don't worry about the ticking in the box when you get it......:p

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
got the bucket partially re-wired so we could test it all out. Below on right is full extension, truck on left is about 6' from full extension for reference.
The dumb-assery is phenominal however..... The rear step bumper is aluminum, as is the box. Alum bumper brackets were broken, booger welded and broken again. Receiver is bolted then welded to the hitch. Trouble is that the hole in the bumper needs to slide over the receiver ( with its big assed pintle hook and plate ) to get on or off the truck. HTF / Why TF does someone do that ?!?! I spent over an hour cutting a notch under the receiver thru the bumper so we could get it off, tig the brackets back on and now I will sandwich steel plate top and bottom so it will not break again. There was only 1 x 3/8 bolt bolt and 4x tapcons holding the rear bumper on BTW ( should be 6 bolts and 2 - 8x8 brackets ). Although if it did break off it wasnt getting past the pintle hook anyways !
I also confirmed my status as an idiot today. It doesnt like to start in park ( fjord ) so I replaced the PN switch. For the next hour plus I diagnosed a no-start from the key condition. It would start with the key in run and crossing the solenoid terminals so I figured solenoid was bad and replaced it too. Cleaned the terminals on the starter and traced all it's wiring ( still nothing ). Did some internet research and figured the non-functional alarm was to blame. I was just digging into the alarm wiring when my Business partner comes by and asked why I am in such a bad mood. I fill him in on my dis-love for all things fjord and go to grab a coffee from the chip truck. GD if the truck is running when I get back... apparently you need to plug the PN switch back in for it to work. I am so temped to grab a 5.9 cummins and be done with this nonsense

Attachments

• 20180706_145229.jpg
    20180706_145229.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 193
Reactions: 4 users

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
In the quest of chasing the clunk in the rear of the TBSS (remember I previously shimmed the differential's crown gear) I finally worked up the resolve to change the rear swaybar endlinks. This is one of the worst vehicles to do this job on, IMO (2 GD hours). Moog for Moog - slight redesign for the better. One of the two came out feeling like a wet noodle, but not totally fragged.

I'll test drive it later.

- The Sad Panda

Reactions: 3 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I pulled off the dead AC compressor from my '05 Sunfire. Drained the oil and checked the orifice tube too. NO debris or anything. YAY!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor