What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olgambler84

Apprentice
Dec 26, 2018
And then?

dbb2dfc92543818af827974a907b974e.jpg

I had a 92 with a 5.0HO GT40 top end, T5, 3.73 with posi. Thing was a hoot and would actually get down in MI. Still decent in CO, but it rapped out 3rd a lot harder down there. What year? As much of a GM guy as I am, Ford gets kudos for keeping the CV alive as a true body on frame for so long.

That looks like a good time. Mines is a 97 dirty, stock, and needs a lot of tlc. keeping it stock all the fun expensive stuff will go in the cutlass. I’m a pretty big guy and need something to haul the family around. I’ve been a fan of gm my whole life but a crown Vic definitely catches my attention

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I went out and futzed with the tip in fueling on my 1500. It hasn't been right since I put the marine intake and blower on back in 2017. This changed the injector trajectory and the amount of air that rushes in when you crack the throttle. I got it a lot better at 180 degrees, but it's a 3D map of ECT and MAP plotted against each other and the way it responds is not intuitive at all. I just did global bumps, so we'll see if the truck even starts in the morning.

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Score!

Need to get it plumbed in the garage and figure out how legal it is to plumb gas from the basement through the wall myself.

Previous owner had one of these in the house, im pretty sure since there's already a vent and hole in the wall and capped natural gas pipe in the basement in the other side of the wall.

Should make the garage a bit more workable!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191225-224404.png
    Screenshot_20191225-224404.png
    2 MB · Views: 132
Reactions: 5 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
It made it to 68 degrees here today, so me and the wife put about 100 miles on the bike. This is a Christmas (Boxing Day) tradition that I can get behind.

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Score!

Need to get it plumbed in the garage and figure out how legal it is to plumb gas from the basement through the wall myself.

Previous owner had one of these in the house, im pretty sure since there's already a vent and hole in the wall and capped natural gas pipe in the basement in the other side of the wall.

Should make the garage a bit more workable!

Off, legality of house mods only comes into play when it's time to sell. I do want a 220V heater in my garage though. It's attached to the house so doesn't really get below 50 but it can suck to warm back up after leaving the door open all day and the crap inside gets cold too.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Off, legality of house mods only comes into play when it's time to sell. I do want a 220V heater in my garage though. It's attached to the house so doesn't really get below 50 but it can suck to warm back up after leaving the door open all day and the crap inside gets cold too.

I'm wondering if that's why the previous owner took the heater out before they sold it since it looked like it was there recently.

Inspector saw it, didn't like it, they took it out to make it "right" or "legal".

Biggest issue is getting the gas turned off upstream so I can get another valve put in line in the basement before the line that runs to the garage and this heater. I'm assuming there is a valve upstream somewhere, but I think it will turn gas off to the boiler and hot water heater so I'll have to relite the pilot lights, which isn't a huge deal.

I didn't think of it before now but residential/owner can change a natural gas clothes drier in their laundry room without anything special so if I can just treat this as an appliance I think it follows that I can do whatever I want with this heater.

I had a 220v heater in a former rental house that put out decent heat but I never had the guts to keep it on all the time in an uninsulated garage. Just turned it on early the morning I wanted to work and waited a few hours to warm up. I would have put that 220v heater in this garage at my house but my electric panel is almost full and I need to keep the space for a 220v plug for a welder.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
IMG_20191225_132122492.jpg
cleaned up the garage in preparation for the influx of junk when I actually move in. Hopefully a week from now if the inspections go well. Electrical and plumbing finals are today. HVAC and framing will be next week because the county decided that this whole week is a holiday. Gooberment at it's finest.

• In Love
Reactions: 10 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
View attachment 131932 cleaned up the garage in preparation for the influx of junk when I actually move in. Hopefully a week from now if the inspections go well. Electrical and plumbing finals are today. HVAC and framing will be next week because the county decided that this whole week is a holiday. Gooberment at it's finest.
Cavernous.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor