What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the latest firmware update on my Dad's CX-5 so I can install the Android Auto kit for it that I got for him. I think I'm gonna order the JDM rear headrests for it too so that visibility out the back window will be a little better.

USDM vs JDM headrests-
C6F26F16-E3C7-44F7-88D4-854B80B2070C_zpsapdb7lqa.jpg

I scored this little 95 GMC RCSB earlier in the week for $300. 305/5 speed, 3.42 Posi. 290K. Progressive rims with 275-60-15's.
Owner said that his mechanic claimed that it had an exhaust leak, and that could get pretty pricey.
So... He dumped it. Interior is a little beat up, so I went to the Salvage yard and scored Inside Door handle trim, Instrument cluster trim and a slide out cup holder for $15. I also crawled under the truck to investigate the "Exhaust leak" which, I replaced the right side "Donut" for $10 and took it for a rip.... it runs like a scalded cat, it's straight, and for Pennsylvania.... 99% legitimately rust free! I apologize for the fuzzy fotos
RCSBIMG_2442.PNG
RCSBIMG_2443.jpg

WOW nice I been wanting one of those for years but the prices are nuts around here

No sh*t!!!!
When I started into this thread, I was just going to say that I split 2 truckloads of wood with the neighbor..... then, this guy!:wtf:
Yeah, who is this guy a bank president on the take?
View attachment 84873 View attachment 84874 View attachment 84875
Ah Ontario, the land of corrosion.
I plan on doing the rear wheel cylinders on my 70 Cutlass S. Both front were leaking. Hoping it is one of them and not a line, losing fluid in the rear reservoir.

I got the Android Auto/Apple Carplay module installed in my dad's CX-5. I also found out that I accidentally installed the Australian version of the latest software so the radio stations were all ****ed up. So I had to do it twice and overwrote the Aussie software with the correct North America software and that fixed that.

The Android Auto is really nice. I'm not really one for fancy infotainment systems, but it's easy to use and it can do basically anything your phone can. Total investment was $150 for the module, plus a few hours of my time. Dealership quote was $500 installed, so I think I made out pretty well. I think my Dad will like it once he learns how to use it.

Reactions: Kratos and Rktpwrd
Along with ordering new rear tires for the wagon, I had to break down and order all four for the wife's van. :doh: Run-flats because it's AWD and there is no spare. The driveshaft to the rear diff invades the space of the spare tire.

Dang!!! Cash price out the door for all four: $820

I hosted a Pinewood Derby build party for my daughter's Girl Scout troop.
20190323_161020.jpg
I polished the wheels and axles, then soaked the axles in a polyolefin juice
20190323_161035.jpg
She made a rubber duckie car
20190323_165726.jpg
I got it to 4.97oz. The scale was a little wonky, so I didn't want to push the 5oz limit too far.
20190323_165751.jpg
20190323_165943.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor