What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
ughh this has been a rough week or so.

front shaft PS on truck one was making noise and spit out the hub. Took it off to find out the shop didn't put the spacer between the half shaft and the wheel bearing so it ate the inner axle shaft bearing for lunch. Check DS as it's the same ! ... So we pulled both shafts to complete the 4x4 to 4x2 swap until we install some "known good " axle stubs as unfortunately the bad bearing ate one of the surfaces up. Next time I pay someone to work on my truck please feel free to offer a swift kick to my Sandy Vag !!!
Truck 2 we swapped in some new / used tires on 19.5 rims. Shop wanted $75 per tire to swap them out :wtf: $300 to swap 4 tires ???
so with some pounding with a 20 lbs sledge to unseat the tire from the rim, some ether to reseat the new tire bead on the old rim , and a solid bottle of rye whiskey to help my aching back we have 4 matching tires on the rear of truck 2 and I think we are still further ahead than paying someone else to do the work.

One cab corner repair left and this biatch of a truck 2 and it will be ready for the For Sale sign to be placed and the next project to come along !!! All while we work it's *ss to make money because pimping aint easy

Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Blasted the engine compartment of my Delta 88 with two cans of Engine Brite and hosed it down. Of course it wouldn't start after that and I killed the battery in the process. :doh: So I manually pushed it back into the shop and got some wax on the hood roof and trunk while feeding it an I-V from the four bank battery tender in the other room.

Next is to get it up in the air to change the oil, wax the wheels and rotate the tires, and wax the sides which is easier while it's up in the air.

Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Finished up a diorama and 2 model tractors for customers.

1555089601609.png

1555089617480.png

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Came out of the doc's office after my 6 month checkup after the myocardial infarction to my left front tire completely flat. Tire is brand new.

Got the little inflator out of the trunk, started airing it up to find the leak... couldn't find anything on the tread. Pulled the inflator off, and low-and-behold... valve stem was cracked.

Hopped on the phone, google maps.. little mom-n-pop tire joint across the street. Aired it up, flew over there... $17, done in 10 minutes.

-Gonz

Reactions: 3 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Thursday we had "bomb cyclone part deux" come through, which didn't live up to the hype, most of the snow hitting the ground melted, it left about 6" on the vehicles. Wife calls me around noon, says the check engine light came on in the Grand Cherokee came on and the trans is slipping. She was a few blocks from home, so I told her get it there if you can, most likely the damage is done. I got home and pulled a bunch of pressure sensor codes and gear related codes. Pull the dipstick and it smells like a burnt manual clutch and it's low. Junior has been driving mom's Jeep since he got his licence in Dec. 17 over my objections, and rants about checking fluids. I found a trans line leaking at a crimp but not enough to leave a puddle so this dumbf*ckery could have easily been prevented. Junior is no longer driving my vehicles and can find his own way to work, I suggested he air up some bicycle tires to get to work. After meltdown #1, We hopped in the pickup to get dinner there was a growl coming from the cowl area. I noticed there was several streaks across the windshield from the wiper blades stopping. Apparently the wipers were used to plow the 6" of snow off the windshield which bent the wiper linkage and burned up the motor. So now I have a toasted Jeep and pickup with no wipers until Rockauto/Amazon get me my linkage and wiper motor delivered. At least it's snowing right now. I did get project car parts rotors, brakes, sway bar bushings, wheel cylinders for the 80 K10. So as my daily driver fleet lies in ruins, I will be working on a project truck.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor