What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
No High Low channels?!?!?!?!?!

Hell I was gonna get an old 23 channel! 40 is plenty, what am I gonna do with 120 lol! Once I get it peaked and tuned it'll put out the same 12 watts or more that it would on SSB.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Hell I was gonna get an old 23 channel! 40 is plenty, what am I gonna do with 120 lol! Once I get it peaked and tuned it'll put out the same 12 watts or more that it would on SSB.
Put it in the Camry with a 102" whip on the rear bumper:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Put it in the Camry with a 102" whip on the rear bumper:LOL:

Lol that would certainly garner a few looks :mrgreen:

I don't know why I have a fascination with CBs, I just love the look of dual antennas off the mirrors or right behind the cab.

I know, my inner redneck is showing :rofl:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So at work today I was assigned a little Ferdinand pole smoker to put a quarter panel on and straighten the door. I spent the morning Removing a lot of the rear interior parts to see if I could pull off the convertible top as an assembly (unsuccessfully) as far as the norm goes for the shop it's really what we would consider an old POS because it's a 2000 and it really shows it's age. A little after lunch the owner showed up to go over the car with one of my bosses. That turn the job into almost a full paint job. at any rate the driver's door looked like hammered dogshit with about a million door dings. I ran around the car and picked out as much of the damage on it that I could and started buzzing it for plastic work and found something interesting on the driver's door. It looks to me like at some point in it's a life the car was lettered up perhaps for a rally car or some type of racing so I took some pictures you guys tell me what you think.

IMG_20190509_153704835.jpg
IMG_20190509_153712761.jpg
IMG_20190509_153723466.jpg

I know it's hard to see but what do you think it said or have I been sniffing body shop fumes for too many years lol if it is lettering it won't ever be seen again because it's all mudded in now
IMG_20190509_161229897_HDR.jpg

I didn't see any on the passenger side but the body work was in a different place on that side. It came in for a right quarter repair the rear bumper and straighten the crushed passenger side door.
IMG_20190509_153740857.jpg

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Ewwww, Boxster.
Has that door been painted before?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So at work today I was assigned a little Ferdinand pole smoker to put a quarter panel on and straighten the door. I spent the morning Removing a lot of the rear interior parts to see if I could pull off the convertible top as an assembly (unsuccessfully) as far as the norm goes for the shop it's really what we would consider an old POS because it's a 2000 and it really shows it's age. A little after lunch the owner showed up to go over the car one of my bosses. That turn the job into almost a full paint job. at any rate the driver's door look like hammered dogshit with about a million door dings. I ran around the car and picked out as much of the damage on it that I could and started buzzing it for plastic work and found something interesting on the driver's door. It looks to me like at some point and it's a life the car was let it up perhaps for a rally car or some type of racing so I took some pictures you guys tell me what you think.

View attachment 113166 View attachment 113167 View attachment 113168
I know it's hard to see but what do you think it said or have I been sniffing body shop fumes for too many years lol if it is lettering it won't ever be seen again because it's all mudded in now
View attachment 113169
I didn't see any on the passenger side but the body work was in a different place on that side. It came in for a right quarter repair the rear bumper and straighten the crushed passenger side door. View attachment 113170 the hol
Ewwww, Boxster.
Has that door been painted before?
the hole car is a truck stop wh*re it's hammered end to end

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
So at work today I was assigned a little Ferdinand pole smoker to put a quarter panel on and straighten the door. I spent the morning Removing a lot of the rear interior parts to see if I could pull off the convertible top as an assembly (unsuccessfully) as far as the norm goes for the shop it's really what we would consider an old POS because it's a 2000 and it really shows it's age. A little after lunch the owner showed up to go over the car one of my bosses. That turn the job into almost a full paint job. at any rate the driver's door look like hammered dogshit with about a million door dings. I ran around the car and picked out as much of the damage on it that I could and started buzzing it for plastic work and found something interesting on the driver's door. It looks to me like at some point and it's a life the car was let it up perhaps for a rally car or some type of racing so I took some pictures you guys tell me what you think.

View attachment 113166 View attachment 113167 View attachment 113168
View attachment 113169
I didn't see any on the passenger side but the body work was in a different place on that side. It came in for a right quarter repair the rear bumper and straighten the crushed passenger side door. View attachment 113170 the hol the hole car is a truck stop wh*re it's hammered end to end
It wasn't lettered anymore than I just saw Jesus in my mac-n-cheese

• Haha

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Found a rubber vacuum hose running from the Evap purge valve to the intake manifold on my P71 was disintegrating. The replacement hose I got from a Ford dealership online was thinwall hard plastic instead of rubber like the original, hopefully it will hold up better. The car did gain some pep after the replacement so the old hose must have been leaking some vacuum. Both hoses have fancy snap on connectors, saved the ones from the old hose for spare vacuum parts.

Also mowed my field with the old Farmall, though with all the rain it was more like mudding at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor