What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anybody considering a tuner for their diesel truck I thought I might share some positive info with you. I had the Bullydog GT installed on my 2014 Ram , 6.7 Cummins and sorry EPA, I had the cat and muffler removed as well. There is improved throttle response, hardly have to push on the pedal and your moving. Performance wise, yes, you can go faster, need I say more. Mileage has improved as well, up from average 21 to 25 mpg on my last hwy. trip, @ 70-75mph. Brief history, the map sensor went on the truck, and of course the extended warranty that i just HAD to have when i bought the truck doesn't cover that sensor. Quoted $1300+ to replace it. Right after voicing some polite frustration to the service adviser at the stealership i said that if you don't cover this I should just get it all cut off and put a tuner on. Amazingly he agreed. Hence, off to a small diesel shop with some young diesel mechs./computer wizards and on with the tuner. I'm not "rolling smoke" but it is for sure louder, and a little bit smokey when its cold, but hell, its just a hoot to drive now. View attachment 113452View attachment 113453

Your DEF is low.

Part 2- Trailer build

Took the rotating part off the car dolly, dad built it for me from scratch 4 summers ago when I lived 10hrs away from home for the summer for an internship. Planned to haul the firebird behind the rainier down there but the apt. they put us up in had a 1 car strict policy and it never got used initially.

I did haul my GP from home to my job 3 summers ago ~7 hrs with this and has hauled cars for friends of mine but I wanted to get a bit more use out of it.

Step 1- remove the top. It acutally uses a 2" trailer ball in the center and a normal hitch clasp with the handle removed and replaced with a ny-lock so it retains rotating and pivot function.
View attachment 113406

Dropped on top
View attachment 113407

Built some "shock towers", stole some VW beetle shocks dad had on the shelf for a previous project and never used. Basically this deck sits on the dolly frame and acts very similar in suspension to a 3rd or 4th gen f body. Pivot point up front non suspended (using the suspension from the tow vehicle) and 2 coil overs on the back corner over the "axle" with a panhard bar to keep it centered.

View attachment 113405

And decked! I ran out of argon and the only place open on sunday that has argon was out (figures) so the shock towers need more welding and it needs more strength in the front pivot area but it should be great for hauling plywood, hoods, engines, or anything sub 500lbs.

Needs paint too! Used those treated deck boards for the top and some galvanized carriage bolts to hold the deck decking down. Needs paint too. Finished size is 8X6.5
View attachment 113408
View attachment 113409
View attachment 113410
View attachment 113411

Nice.

Checked eBay for the coilovers: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=173447029291

Neat stuff.

Free dinner?
Pretty sure it went under the rear wheel, so good luck with the bone chunks. If it is still alive, it is not happy. I didn't even bother to go look.

Big oof. Rolled a deer down the side of the truck and blew the side curtain air bags. Almost $12,000 in damages.

View attachment 113462
Doesn't look like much more than wrinkles in the door! That blew the side bags! I have a 15, make me afraid to slam my doors to hard!

• Agree
Reactions: fleming442
Doesn't look like much more than wrinkles in the door! That blew the side bags! I have a 15, make me afraid to slam my doors to hard!
Don't lose any sleep over it, that deer hit HARD. The top of the driver's door doesn't even seal against the door frame anymore, and the body shop says it is a total replace.

It is almost a shame that it was not a front hit, as it would have been a good time to convert to a '17 front end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor