What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fiero buddy is doing a "hot" l67 build to replace his bone stock setup he built a few years back.

Trying to figure out how to make a posi out of a stock 00 f body auburn cone posi and a stock fwd trans. It's been done before but not well recorded! Playing a guessing game here using old forum posts and a few FB posts here and there.

View attachment 113797
That's easy- put it back together, and weld all the inner gears together! 😛

I got sick of seeing rust on the rainier and the salvage yard has a half dozen wrecked rainiers so I found a set of half wrecked fenders for $20 a piece and im going to cut the patches I need off and attempt to not make it look super hacked.
1558128278342.png

Finally made time to get back after the Cop Vic's non-working rear deck stereo speaker.

I started at the back and ran a new lead up the driver's side from the trunk to under the dash, then I yanked the head unit and immediately spotted a connection for that speaker that had come apart. So I recrimped that and shoved the head unit back in and all was worky worky. So I pulled my new lead back out and replaced the rear seat bottom and called it a night.

Total time spent, about 15 minutes. Wish all fixes were that easy.

They may have clipped a wire when removing the light package

P71s have factory connector plugs for lightbars and radios in the passenger side kick panel to cutdown on splicing into the factory harness. Ford's police upfitter guide warns that splicing the factory harness can mess up the networking for the various computers that run the car. Ford even had several different prewiring police options for P71s like an extra fuse panel option in the glove box or trunk.

• Informative
Reactions: Texas82GP
P71s have factory connector plugs for lightbars and radios in the passenger side kick panel to cutdown on splicing into the factory harness. Ford's police upfitter guide warns that splicing the factory harness can mess up the networking for the various computers that run the car. Ford even had several different prewiring police options for P71s like an extra fuse panel option in the glove box or trunk.

Thats when installing them. When they go to salvage/sale out come the wire cutters.

They dont waste time taking interior panels off and unplugging things neatly

At least around here they dont

Reactions: pontiacgp
Thats when installing them. When they go to salvage/sale out come the wire cutters.

They dont waste time taking interior panels off and unplugging things neatly

At least around here they dont

It probably varies from each agency and department. Sometimes they even retire and sale the cars with all the lights still in and working. When I was looking for a CVPI, saw one that had the lightbar harness cut on top of the roof and left like a pigtail. Mine is an ex Fed car and it seems they did a pretty clean decommission.

Shop is a disaster. Fiance wanted to get the garden plants transplanted but its still too cold to put them outside with this crazy weather so they got potted, she wanted to get some shelves made for the new place so we filled the shop with stain fumes and saw dust, I have like 4 rear ends sitting in various states of disassembly, and my buddy/landlord I rent a room in his house and this shop said my project was to maintain the shop and the 2 octagon windows were rotted out so I got started on replacing the rotted brick mould and the bottom 3 pieces of the window octogon.

Blah so many projects!
1558320276322.png

1558320378693.png

Still needs paint but $30 and an hour or two is better than $250 for new windows
1558320414679.png

Don't know what to do guys. On my way home tonight there were traffic lights out all over town. when I got home two of my GF eyes were freaking out in the living room light wouldn't turn on it just lit up dim so I killed the power to the gfi's at the breaker box and I called the power company and I'm waiting.......
What the hell do I do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor