What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I am definitely a profit for the gmt360 chassis and the wonder they posses.

However one of the things that I can't commend the chassis on is ac compressor maintenance access.

The compressor was stuck when I bought the car 85k miles ago and when dad helped me put it back together he ordered the cheapest compressor on eBay. It started rattling this spring and it turned out to be the clutch bearing. I thought about just swapping the clutch since the pump itself was fine but i found out these compressors really aren't home serviceable and I admitted I had to swap the whole thing.

I knew the project was going to suck and it doesn't disappoint. These chassis aren't really designed from day one to have an LS so pulling the compressor isn't really that fun.

You have to remove the compressor mount from the block, move it forward an inch and then unbolt the compressor from the mount, remove the rad fan and rad hoses and then wiggle it funny to sqweeze the compressor out separate from the mount. That was after removing the air box and window washer resovior too.

Biggest punch in the gut was putting it together and then going underneath to install the last two bottom bolts in and realized I have to install it loose through the compressor before I tighten the mount to the block since the bolt is too long and it hits the frame.

Pulled a vac on the system and if it holds I'll charge it. Dumb ac seal kit I ordered didn't include the suction side hose to compressor seal so I reused the old one that didn't look that great so hopefully it holds.

Also did an oil change so I'm slowly knocking stuff out. I need to weld the last patch in the frame and swap out the other upper rear control arm along with changing the tcase AWD actuator before winter.
View attachment 155895

Don't make me go take pics of the underside of the wife's Envoy. They will make you jelly.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Nice cat if just a bit enraged about something. There is a species of feline believed to have originated in Egypt that is supposed to be hairless. The why of a bald cat escapes me, but then again that is true of a lot of things in my life!! Might have been a defense mechanism against heat stoke due to the wickedly hot sun and little shade but I have to wonder if cats can get sunburn?

Back to the topic on hand, yeah, still working on the passengers side of the S-10; have the outer rocker panel all burned in and just have to tack, tweak, and finish weld the section belonging to the cab corner. Fun for me was laying there on my back/side, setting tacks, having my personal rainfall of sparks descending on me, and a rainstorm pissing away outside and drumming on the roof. May be just about time for a new leather; my current jacket is just about stiff enough to stand up by itself and smells like the inside of a gym locker room that has been shut up with all the windows closed in the middle of 100+ temperatures with a high humidex.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Don't make me go take pics of the underside of the wife's Envoy. They will make you jelly.

I'm not sure I've ever had someone offer to send me photos of their wife's undersides before....

Oh wait I read that wrong :ROFLMAO:

Yeah probably most 360's outside of mine are clean. 260k+ ND, MN and IA winter's aren't kind!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Bought this saw last week. Stihl MS461. It was a tree company saw so it was run hard and put away wet, but it's nice on the inside. These saws are powerhouses, 77cc. I tore it down, needs fuel lines and an impulse line, a muffler cover, an antivibe bushing, and a clutch drum. Already swapped the ugly handle for an aftermarket 3/4 wrap. As I got it-
IMG-20200816-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20200816-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20200816-WA0009.jpg

After some cleanup-
20200827_154729.jpg
20200827_154743.jpg

Torn down for a deep clean and new parts-
20200831_191423.jpg
20200831_191430.jpg
20200831_191405.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Trail bike motor attached to a chain saw bar and chain. Didn't look like it had been dropped out of a tree and Did clean up nicely. Good Deal!!

Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Trail bike motor attached to a chain saw bar and chain. Didn't look like it had been dropped out of a tree and Did clean up nicely. Good Deal!!

Yeah it's a pretty big 'un. I ran it a bit before I tore into it, it has no problem doing full bar cuts through hard oak with a 24" bar. It'll look a little nicer by the time I'm ready to put it to work.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm not sure I've ever had someone offer to send me photos of their wife's undersides before....

Oh wait I read that wrong :ROFLMAO:

Here ya go.

yl9PTrxi_N_lTqbW4rYqFzJ4r3uoGYLu31XCFR_dv8c.jpg

Extra credit if you get the reference. While not undersides, it meets the intent.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Decided to give up on the ATS calipers and take the more traveled road of V1 CTS-V front's
20200831_153449.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Something tells me it's from family guy but I don't think I'm going to get this extra credit

It's from South Park. Just look up Cartman b**bs and you should find the clip. Spoiler alert, there are no bewbs.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor