What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Ah, you using spherical rod ends instead of rubber or poly-u bushings? What had you planned to employ to limit side to side displacement of the diff/rear end, watts linkage or some kind of location cross-shaft? Those sphericals the rebuildable kind that have the nylon or delran inserts that protect the sphere from dust and debris?

Nick
Yes, Spherical Joints that are rebuildable. I have Spohns under my dually w/a 4-bar. Lubed them on install & they just started 'creaking' @ 7500miles. Time to hit them w/the grease gun.

On the 2-link, yes they would be hard-mounted to the housing (like a truck getting a flip-kit) & following the "keep it simple" plan would just use a Panhard bar for lateral locating.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Untweakerfied the starting/charging wires. My favorite was the "ground" wrapped around the core support, runner up is the positive an inch from the horn. New battery, and new wires. No more dragging on startup, because ****in duh.
tweakerwiring1.jpg
tweakerwiring2.jpg
tweakerwiring3.jpg

fixedwiring.jpg

Replaced filthy air filter, STP #324A for those curious. Also repainted air cleaner housing. Not pretty, but better. Valve covers will get the same treatment.
aircleaner1.jpg
aircleaner2.jpg
aircleaner3.jpg
aircleaner4.jpg
aircleaner5.jpg
aircleaner6.jpg
aircleaner7.jpg

20200927_123733.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Is that really where the factory ground cable connects?
Agree on question. You’re counting on connections through the brackets. Suggest bolting the system main ground to the block, and make sure there are good block-to-body grounds. What is the factory setup for a 307?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Is that really where the factory ground cable connects?
On the Galaxie, we have it bolted to the lower front corner of the passenger side of the block. I think the hole is 7/16 so I welded the heads of 7/16 and 3/8 bolts together to create a "stud" that the negative cable fastens to. Not sure if I have a picture.

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Untweakerfied the starting/charging wires. My favorite was the "ground" wrapped around the core support, runner up is the positive an inch from the horn. New battery, and new wires. No more dragging on startup, because ****in duh.
View attachment 158095 View attachment 158096 View attachment 158097
View attachment 158098

Replaced filthy air filter, STP #324A for those curious. Also repainted air cleaner housing. Not pretty, but better. Valve covers will get the same treatment.
View attachment 158105 View attachment 158104 View attachment 158103 View attachment 158102 View attachment 158101 View attachment 158100 View attachment 158099
Nice work.

Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Twisted the key on the S-10 and it spun to life with nary a whimper. Will have to slither back underneath and revisit the exhaust pipes. Still think I have a loose coupling on them at some point but it does sound better.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Several weeks ago, our Ford Taurus warning light for low brake fluid came on, so I filled it up and went on my merry way. Last Wednesday morning as I pulled out of the driveway it came on again, so I immediately pulled back in and topped it off once more. Yesterday I jacked it up to locate the source of the leak and found the left rear hose was wet from the caliper down to the bottom of the curve in the hose. I picked up two crush washers from NAPA and installed them this morning. Only took about 30 minutes to change both rear crush washers. I will keep an eye on them for a while to make sure there are no other leaks.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Continued to gut the "gym-rage" (as my 7 year old has labelled it) by moving most solvents and VOCs out to improve the overall air quality. The Mrs. was happy. I have a trap/hex bar and a weight belt coming - them deads and dips gains are coming back.

Oh, and FedEx didn't lose my barbell - the sh*tbird (Chinese ?) seller sold me something they didn't have. They have since doubled the cost on Amazon and are stringing us along. Going to have them refund my express shipping and wait to see if it arrives. Off to shopping for a used 7 foot bar in the meantime...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Continued to gut the "gym-rage" (as my 7 year old has labelled it) by moving most solvents and VOCs out to improve the overall air quality. The Mrs. was happy. I have a trap/hex bar and a weight belt coming - them deads and dips gains are coming back.

Oh, and FedEx didn't lose my barbell - the sh*tbird (Chinese ?) seller sold me something they didn't have. They have since doubled the cost on Amazon and are stringing us along. Going to have them refund my express shipping and wait to see if it arrives. Off to shopping for a used 7 foot bar in the meantime...
Kinda surprised you're not making one. Those VOCs are like 'roids- eventually you'll be doing squats barefoot on broken glass (or is that meth?).

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor