What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Nothing wrong with a good feast every now and again. Esp with the elder generation. Food is such a tying bind with family
We still make it a point to do a formal Sunday dinner almost every week too. If something it funky in a schedule we swap it out for a Saturday. Aside from that we might drop by here and there during the week as well.
Sammiches? c/w hot, freshly melted butter loaded with garlic powder and liberally slathered on a sausage bun? Why sausage bun? because, although they are slightly shorter, they are wider than a hotdog bun; = more room for the contents!!
Kings Hawaiian buns are the new favorite for these creations, prior to that we used to do something similar to your approach, except using the original style of cutting subway did a few decades back with the v channel and then throw away the extra piece of bread instead of putting it on top.
On my part, instead of uselessly drooling all over myself and wondering if it would be worth the hassle to visit the local supplier, y'know, jic he happened to have a couple of lobster orphans that needed at good home (Inside my stomach), I elected to tweak a couple of the parameters that I had long ago loaded to the onboard computer for the FI.
Just send a lady friend, wife or otherwise, to get the lobsters. Utter that magic word and they'll help you out for a share.

Now if I had some lobster, I could coarse chop it and add in just a little bit of fine crumbled whole wheat, fine chopped scallions, and an egg for the binder and have a lobster burger!!
Your problem is the lack of palm trees to check for the lobsters.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
No-oo, my problem is that the tree I do have to contend with is not mine, it belongs to the city, they studiously ignore it, and it spends its time dropping leaves and pi****g sap or clear liquid on any vehicle that has the necessity or misfortune of having to park under it. No self respecting lobster would go anywhere near that oversized toothpick. It only attracts chick-a-dees, crows, and squirrels. Can't eat nary a one of any of them. Even the local woodpecker shuns it.

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
My coal delivery guy sold his truck so now I must do it myself
Built me a fancy coal shoot today
Looks like a dragster body

Attachments

• 5050545D-4D1A-495F-BC63-4B0DC5777543.jpeg
    5050545D-4D1A-495F-BC63-4B0DC5777543.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
  • 399B6379-1ECA-4BAB-817E-0B666459F353.jpeg
    399B6379-1ECA-4BAB-817E-0B666459F353.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 52
  • 4131D543-427D-449F-BCD8-EE85A6CF4785.jpeg
    4131D543-427D-449F-BCD8-EE85A6CF4785.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
  • 4F130416-E8D0-4432-AD6F-8D3CB35DF470.jpeg
    4F130416-E8D0-4432-AD6F-8D3CB35DF470.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 50
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Put my chubby @$$ up on the roof to do some temp patches to hopefully hold up until we can do a new roof next year. Such a great feat tp get on a 8 pitch roof when you have a fear of heights.
scared tim burton GIF by O&O, Inc

Still can't fugure out why I like hanging out helicopter doors like an idiot.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
After a quick job on the Caballero, I installed the trans cross-member that I built last Monday for the Pinto, then put the driveshaft in. I also spent a little bit of time looking for a convenient location to mount an electric fuel pump. Not decided on a location yet, will probably have to wait until I get a new fuel gauge sending unit and reinstall the fuel tank.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Put my chubby @$$ up on the roof to do some temp patches to hopefully hold up until we can do a new roof next year. Such a great feat tp get on a 8 pitch roof when you have a fear of heights.
scared tim burton GIF by O&O, Inc

Still can't fugure out why I like hanging out helicopter doors like an idiot.

How can you hang on to the roof, a nail, a shingle and a hammer all at the same time ? ( says the guy that now owns 2 bucket trucks and the girls on his crew swear they hear it rattle from fear ...every... single... time.. I go up ). Yet at the same time every single day I go up in that bucket. To quote Jackass.... If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough

Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
How can you hang on to the roof, a nail, a shingle and a hammer all at the same time ? ( says the guy that now owns 2 bucket trucks and the girls on his crew swear they hear it rattle from fear ...every... single... time.. I go up ). Yet at the same time every single day I go up in that bucket. To quote Jackass.... If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough
My trip on the roof involved the hammer but with tar & a putty knife, a nice challenge when there's nothing to hold on to. It made me look forward to paying someone to put a new roof on.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Having awakened well before sunrise, i got antsy and elected to make sure Bay One was open and clear, Then I brought the S-10 around from the front parking pad and slipped it into the garage. Closed the fence gates and the door; locked them both, and took the van to go for gas and score some Aw-ful blades; they go dull quickly when dealing with sandpaper. Returned to the house and the van went into the front drive. Now that V*rdam** tree can't drool all over it. Still not happy with the low idle setting at the screw or the settings for warm up, it still seems like the van wants to start as if it is warm and then the fast idle for warm up kicks in. Totally backwards.

Nick

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Having awakened well before sunrise, i got antsy and elected to make sure Bay One was open and clear, Then I brought the S-10 around from the front parking pad and slipped it into the garage. Closed the fence gates and the door; locked them both, and took the van to go for gas and score some Aw-ful blades; they go dull quickly when dealing with sandpaper. Returned to the house and the van went into the front drive. Now that V*rdam** tree can't drool all over it. Still not happy with the low idle setting at the screw or the settings for warm up, it still seems like the van wants to start as if it is warm and then the fast idle for warm up kicks in. Totally backwards.

Nick
Are there enrichment settings (think choke) in the tune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor