What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
They want to send me to school, but technically I don't have to have it per KY regulations. Just need like 14hrs of road time with a CDL driver. Then just pass pre trip and skills test.

Sounds like KY is the place to get a CDL, easy peasy. Has that been the goal or did an opportunity present itself recently?

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I still need to decide how I want to plug the original holes for the center marker light.

pxl_20211010_001835407_bd6169dcd687b5033de9ccdf58c4579b931e5e63.jpg

It's not wired yet, but I couldn't resist testing it once darkness fell.

pxl_20211010_022531386_25f66915256f979c13ad997941b6d15a40ebb474.jpg

Don't let the street light fool you, this thing is bright! I can't wait to have it and the rest of the trailer all wired up and plug and play. To that end, I picked up 6 sheets of hardboard. It resembles MDF and comes prefinished. It's also half the cost of 1/4" plywood (which also requires paint) and more rigid than the plastic crap I was gonna get.

pxl_20211010_004032300_33a7709f00e6f6d263fbb50e1c34601890e7172b.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
fooking trailer wiring yesterday. 2 trailers down, an 8 footer ( flat 4 ) and a 20 footer ( 7 flat ). Patch on patch on patch wiring with that cheap flat 4 stuff. Seems like every time we head to a jobsite they don't work for one reason or another. I just cut it all out and started with a sealed junction box on each and 200' of outdoor rated 3 wire extension cord. Soldered and heat shrink ends. Hope it lasts at least a couple years. Damn sore today.

Next week I tackle the cab and chassis truck with the boom on the back. I didnt know until friday that when purchased, the sellers pulled the dump box off it with the wiring intact and kept tugging until it broke free. So it got patched with marettes, zip ties and whatever wiring was happening to b laying around. That was 8 years and 3 undercoating jobs ago on a leaky diesel. Its gonna be a greasy, unrewarding mess.

I've got about 100' left on the roll to run 2x lines and 2x boxes on that f450 ( isolate the truck wiring from the deck in the event we rebody the deck and boom from this truck ) then hope to have enough left to finish the last 20' basket trailer

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
On that section of hanging insulation, the exterior insulators that hang that stuff sometimes use a super-sized plastic flat washer when they set the screws to grab and hang two sections where they butt up to each other. Do you have a nearby perlin or rib you can use a sheet metal screw and one of those washers (or a size wide fender washer) and to secure that panel?

CK80, with all that hootch, the only thing missing is a Long Branch Saloon (Gunsmoke-Matt Dillon-james Arness- B&W TB-old) sized bar with back shelves to display it all. Any of the old school corner bars in your district coming down for renovation/ conversion into a yogurt cafe/wifi corner??

Nick

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
On that section of hanging insulation, the exterior insulators that hang that stuff sometimes use a super-sized plastic flat washer when they set the screws to grab and hang two sections where they butt up to each other. Do you have a nearby perlin or rib you can use a sheet metal screw and one of those washers (or a size wide fender washer) and to secure that panel?

CK80, with all that hootch, the only thing missing is a Long Branch Saloon (Gunsmoke-Matt Dillon-james Arness- B&W TB-old) sized bar with back shelves to display it all. Any of the old school corner bars in your district coming down for renovation/ conversion into a yogurt cafe/wifi corner??

Nick
Depends, will miss kitty and her girls come by to serve me?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
We-ell, Ah reckon Miz Kitty might be a trifle long in the tooth, being as how she ran that bar almost 63 years agone now. Might be y'all'd have to make do with her grand-daughters if'n she had had any and they got into the bar back or waitress end of things. Wouldn't come cheap neither. Waitressing of any kind is a hard job and if it involves booze and public drunken stupidity then things can get mean right quick.

Nick

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Sounds like KY is the place to get a CDL, easy peasy. Has that been the goal or did an opportunity present itself recently?
To be completely honest, I never imagined I'd be going for my CDL. It just wasn't my life plan. My dad was a mechanic for Kenworth for 48 years, and was a diesel tech in the army prior. I literally grew up around big trucks and always thought they were cool.
I worked in truck rental out of high school and got to drive pretty much everything, then drove the shred truck for the last 6-1/2 years.
This has been a wild year, my dad passed away in January, work got slow and my ex boss just wasn't paying what I was worth. My buddy drives for Sysco and makes really good money. One thing led to another and here I am hunting it down. This career change has already became a game changer for many reasons, and looking forward it "should" really put my family into a pivotal point to retire wealthy and enjoy nice things in life while giving back as much as possible.

Reactions: 8 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Got to enjoy listening to this thing roll in from blocks away while I was BBQing...

PXL_20211010_221748033.jpg

It's a bad b*tch.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Imagine the joy the new neighbors will feel. Almost makes it worth not selling it

Evidently there is a steady influx of Karens in this area. We are leaving at the right time. Before the HOA is stood up.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor