What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one think it is a very unique car. I would not want one, but I can see why you like it. I am interested in what you do with it. What is your plans for it? Also as I have said before. There is nothing wrong with your truck. It is not a good fit for the go fast world you live in Des Moines. Fifty miles from the rush and it would work just fine. I work in every corner of the state, so I know how it is. Good luck with your new toy!
It's damm near 100% complete. Everything is there. I'll probably just keep it in tune fiz whats broken and enjoy it. If the trans goes, fix it. Engine goes, intake cam and Holley and electronic ignition. Thats it.

Reactions: Turbo Zach
Maybe these.

And the complete electrical systems test for my 67 Shovel went off without a hitch. Everything did what it was supposed to when it was asked to. Finished the afternoon off by washing down/off some of the more serious dust and grime and digging out my bottle of Pig Snot for some micro-fibre and polish love.

Installed the shelving in our pantry and the wife stocked them when I was done.

20210123_160846.jpg

20210123_163848.jpg

My Beetle got a long awaited trip to the dealership after an O2 sensor change caused the EPC light to come on and the accelerator pedal just stopped responding. Apparently the 5v reference circuit in the computer got weak and caused me to need a whole new ($900) ECU. I probably could have got a reman computer off of eBay, but if that is as common of an issue as the forums suggest, a warranty may be worth the extra cash.

Now all I need to do is change the thermostat so I can have some heat, and I can quit driving the Bonneville to work as much.

Basement re-remodel

Ripped the drywall off our perfectly finished basement ceiling. Fixed the saggy joists causing the floor upstairs to sag. Still need to reinforce one beam that looks cracked and is sagging due to poor design and overloading.

Since the ceiling was out Started Running a natural gas line to the fireplace and pulled power for the natural gas insert we plan to put in.

had to remove two bricks from the mantle to route the gas but that's done.

woop. Hopefully I can get back to the 2+2 next week.

IMG_20210123_172359.jpg

IMG_20210123_172445.jpg

Maybe these.
Just do it!

Reactions: fleming442
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor