What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I am going to cry over the replacement 16' deck boards I am about to order.

First lockdown was the time for that. I'm done with lumber for a bit. I felt guilty chopping up an old piece of plywood I had laying around.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
First lockdown was the time for that. I'm done with lumber for a bit. I felt guilty chopping up an old piece of plywood I had laying around.

I paid double the norm last year once I found the pressure treated 2x4s... which reminds me that I am supposed to build another water barrel stand this year. FML.

Money Burn GIF by nog

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm road racing with one hand on the wheel. Where oh where could the other one be?

Bird 2.jpg

Oh there it is!

Bird.jpg

Gotta look just in front of the window net.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was the pass that screwed him out of Sunday's (today's) race 1. I was especially bitter because in race 1 on Saturday I had it locked down and the f'in car randomly overheated. It seems like the radiator cap was puking too soon and draining the system. What a crap way to have to fork over a race. I put on a clinic until it did it again the lap before the white flag. Once I saw the white flag, I chanced it and sent it to keep the win. No way in hell am I going home empty handed. I swapped the cap for the last race today and it stayed pegged at 210 the whole time like usual, so I hope to hell I didn't do any damage for now and that the problem is solved because I really don't have time for a good shakedown between now and Oklahoma.

Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I'm road racing with one hand on the wheel. Where oh where could the other one be?

View attachment 176084

Oh there it is!

View attachment 176085

Gotta look just in front of the window net.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was the pass that screwed him out of Sunday's (today's) race 1. I was especially bitter because in race 1 on Saturday I had it locked down and the f'in car randomly overheated. It seems like the radiator cap was puking too soon and draining the system. What a crap way to have to fork over a race. I put on a clinic until it did it again the lap before the white flag. Once I saw the white flag, I chanced it and sent it to keep the win. No way in hell am I going home empty handed. I swapped the cap for the last race today and it stayed pegged at 210 the whole time like usual, so I hope to hell I didn't do any damage for now and that the problem is solved because I really don't have time for a good shakedown between now and Oklahoma.

Something something sportsmanship?

Also, check your fire suit... you may have pissed excellence.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Got after a little, ok a LOT more progress on the veranda rehab. All new wood, trim and lattice, minus the Smart Board. It was still in good shape and got reused. Just have to repaint the white on it.

View attachment 175988

View attachment 175994

View attachment 175990

View attachment 175989

View attachment 175991

View attachment 175992

Pain in the *ss working around the plants and all the damn bark mulch, must’ve skinned my ankle on the landscape blocks a half dozen times. But well worth it to have the critterkeeperouter wire in place and dug in.

View attachment 175993

Ran outta steam after getting the first piece of new lattice on, but I’m calling it a win for today.
Animated GIF

Awesome work, I was looking for the varmin poontang gif but couldn't find it since the fence to keep them out was the first thing I noticed

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Spent another 12 hours at the shop yesterday with some normal hiccups still no starting yet. Need to wait on some more AN fittings to get the fuel regulator going, then noticed I am missing one of the harnesses up front that control the rear tails and some other stuff but rear tails and everything work so not sure what I am going to find there.

Reactions: 4 users
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Something something sportsmanship?

Also, check your fire suit... you may have pissed excellence.

We're just messing around. I hesitated to take a shot at him in the next race and bailed and he responded with the same greeting. It's hilarious to watch someone just motor on past and they rub your mistake in with a bird. It feels much better to be the one rubbing it in though, I must say that. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor