• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
First they blew the tires off it.

View attachment 176123

And they let the smoke out. It blew a motor.

View attachment 176124

The Safety Safari arrived to take the smoldering mess home.

View attachment 176125

And I got to take the long walk of shame behind it.

View attachment 176126

Must say I am impressed how intuitive Tatiana is becoming about finding problems and fixing things. Guess we have a new project.
Time to prove yourself, and your bread and butter...... LS swap it!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I thought more power killed it? Do I recall a 24v conversion?

It was modified. However, my oldest was found abusing it a few weeks ago. Forward. Reverse. Forward. Reverse. Etc. It got overloaded. We had a talk. Fast forward to a yesterday and well we have the likely result of that event manifesting itself in a failed motor. We had another talk. She's paying for half the repairs so her sister can keep enjoying it.

(Un)ironically I was shopping for a used go kart just before seeing this message. She needs an upgrade.

Something something parenting.

Reactions: 3 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I finally got my '06 Grand Cherokee out of the shop and back on the road again after a 3+ month ordeal with the dealership that I bought it from.

Apparently when I bought it, it had a dead cylinder and likely had a burned up piston. Talked to dealer and they agreed to fix engine. About 2 months pass and they have never been able to get it into the mechanic. Once I started calling about every other day, they finally managed to get in and another 2+ weeks pass before they get it fixed. As it turns out, the mechanic also had to change out the water pump and alternator because they were bad too.

It seems to be all good now, but it is hard to have much trust in it. On the upside, I guess I know who to not buy from again...

IMG_20210430_224658.jpg

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
It was modified. However, my oldest was found abusing it a few weeks ago. Forward. Reverse. Forward. Reverse. Etc. It got overloaded.
Sounds like father like daughter?

Wasn't there a somewhat similar issue with a certain wagon that someone questioned the motor on then proceeded to flog on but it didn't blow?

Maybe her goal was secretly to find an excuse to go faster being disappointed in the existing performance?

:unsure:

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Sounds like father like daughter?

Wasn't there a somewhat similar issue with a certain wagon that someone questioned the motor on then proceeded to flog on but it didn't blow?

Maybe her goal was secretly to find an excuse to go faster being disappointed in the existing performance?

:unsure:

adam savage mythbusters GIF

Oh, I wasn't mad. Just made it clear that when we do dumb things, we fix dumb results.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor