What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I'm prepping for the 3 days of winter down here. Dusted off the Z06 for a little time out today. 😎

20221001_093203.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
We do think alike. Snow tires? What are those? Said the idiot stuck in the snow drift with "all season" tires. I use the GYP in winter so it gets the knobby Wrangler tires.
Didn’t do to bad on new ones last year. Now that they are about half worn I keep debating going to A/T tires or not. Then it’s “Do I get a 2nd pair of rims that used aren’t cheap” most guys pull the pressure sensor at $40 or so a piece. 6 lug Tacoma

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
"All sneezin'", tires pretty much lose whatever value they allegedly have around the time the temp hits 0. The carcass compound is not formulated to stay soft below that temp. Dedicated snow tires, at least around here, come with a snowflake embossed on the tire as part of the actual tire body. They also have a wider, heavier tread pattern and some even come preloaded with shards of walnut shells for traction on ice. They used to use steel inserts embedded in holes punched into the treads when the carcass was being manufactured but the studs had to be put in before the tires were mounted and couldn't be retrofitted after the tire had time on the tread. Think a few also managed to spit out the studs which cost a few windshields. The walnut shells wear but apparently very slowly. Anything to keep the squirrels speeding in the dead of winter from kissing off a phone pole and suing the city for their own stupidity.

Took today a little easier as it was house keeping day for me. Did get out to the shop to pull an id code off my mini grinder to see if I could get some cut off wheel nuts for it but the search engine drove me nuts; kept trying to flog off shore junk instead of what I had written the search string for. MPITA. MEH.

So I just elected to dig out the HOG WAX and give the cabin and fenders a spritz and blitz. I like this stuff; originally scored it for my bike but it works very well on the finish of my truck. Puts a fresh seal on the finish against the cold and snow crud with which we are about to be blessed????

Nick

Generally its rare for temps to get that low in the Mid Atlantic. Doesn't even hit zero every winter here. Most of the time we only hit zero as a night time low a couple of nights. Big problem here is all the freeze thraw cycles and excessive road salt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Yo, Built6, Does your skate come with water wings or some kind of anti-hurricane flotation device? Didn't know they made Mae Wests that big.:D

Been nothing on the local news channels here-abouts but talking head after talking head trying to outdo the other channels in their coverage of the carnage. Biggest doofus I've seen so far was some news chick standing on a flooded road and talking about something or another and I am here, thinking to myself, that is just about enough water for a gator to comfortably cruise along in. Wouldn't this totally inattentive newscaster make a great snack?? Fantastic target of opportunity for the hungry and the capable.

Nick

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Built6 glad you where ok after the wind and able to get back to enjoying the cruising time. May not have hit your area bad but still throws a lot of water at you.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Yo, Built6, Does your skate come with water wings or some kind of anti-hurricane flotation device? Didn't know they made Mae Wests that big.:D

Been nothing on the local news channels here-abouts but talking head after talking head trying to outdo the other channels in their coverage of the carnage. Biggest doofus I've seen so far was some news chick standing on a flooded road and talking about something or another and I am here, thinking to myself, that is just about enough water for a gator to comfortably cruise along in. Wouldn't this totally inattentive newscaster make a great snack?? Fantastic target of opportunity for the hungry and the capable.

Nick
Built6 glad you where ok after the wind and able to get back to enjoying the cruising time. May not have hit your area bad but still throws a lot of water at you.
Thanks. I'm 30 miles inland so I'm up a little bit of altitude and also 30 miles in. Any water I get will be from the sky and blowing sideways. Dealt with that already.

We didn't get anything in my area except wind, others are not as fortunate. Definitely makes me think how close to the coast I'd like to live. I have a generator and an arsenal of chainsaws, supplies, knowledge, etc.. but no one is stopping that water.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Very true on the water. Makes me wonder how the couple of houses I had owned there in 05’ and 07’ did. Was just north of the bullseye.
Thanks. I'm 30 miles inland so I'm up a little bit of altitude and also 30 miles in. Any water I get will be from the sky and blowing sideways. Dealt with that already.

We didn't get anything in my area except wind, others are not as fortunate. Definitely makes me think how close to the coast I'd like to live. I have a generator and an arsenal of chainsaws, supplies, knowledge, etc.. but no one is stopping that water.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Dedicated snow tires,
I had a set for the Bonnewagon when I was using it in winter. Ever since I repaired the rust spots I don't subject it to salt anymore. Then last July I heard what sounded like a compressor blowing a gasket. Several weeks later I found what it was- one of the snow tires split open like a mellon from the heat. Too bad, I got a lot of use out of them over the years.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I got the Camaro to the shop today. Loaded it in the rain and mud broke a plank couldn't get traction on the ramps 3 of my straps were missing off the trailer. I guess that's what happens when you don't use your trailer for over a year and let other people borrow it. Of course everyone that used it has no idea what I'm talking about so I ordered new ones today. Chaining down a 4th gen Camaro isn't exactly fun but I got it done in the rain. By the time I got it to work today I was wet tired and aggravated so rather than ask permission so I left the car on the trailer parallel parked between 2 F250s and went home.
29761.jpeg

Hopefully the rain lets up long enough for me to get it unloaded sometime between now and Tuesday afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor