What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Got done what I can without a press. Front half ready to go together.

20220416_110223.jpg

Organized chaos.

20220416_113255.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Are you planning to get it treated or hardened anymore than it already is? Have heard of various hardening processes that get used for the road race boxes and the off roaders to help extend the life of the gears and shafts.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Are you planning to get it treated or hardened anymore than it already is? Have heard of various hardening processes that get used for the road race boxes and the off roaders to help extend the life of the gears and shafts.

Nick
I leave them alone, that Mainshaft is new, 8000 series steel which is pretty hard. Dont know what the gears are, factory C5 Corvette.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Teed in a cheapo fuel pressure gauge to try and diagnose why my truck will eventually load up rich and die at idle, not before blowing smoke rings, and just randomly start aggressively stuttering on the highway like it's running out of gas despite every time pulling over after it does the bowl is full.

I doubt this is supposed to happen.
Also, kudos Mr. Gasket. You made a fuel pressure gauge that fogs over and ruins the display when gas is spilled on it.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Teed in a cheapo fuel pressure gauge to try and diagnose why my truck will eventually load up rich and die at idle, not before blowing smoke rings, and just randomly start aggressively stuttering on the highway like it's running out of gas despite every time pulling over after it does the bowl is full.

I doubt this is supposed to happen.
Also, kudos Mr. Gasket. You made a fuel pressure gauge that fogs over and ruins the display when gas is spilled on it.

I've never checked pressure on a car with an engine driven pump, should they flutter like that?

We're trying our hand at a garden this year, made some above ground beds. Left the front open to be able to drive a wheelbarrow in and dump it instead of shovelling to unload. Should save some labor.

PXL_20220417_235701755.jpg

Used cedar planks screwed to pressure treated studs. The big ones are leftovers from when I did the deck during #rona. Covered the inside with plastic to try and extend its lifespan. Second one will go up once we dig it out its spot. We'll see whether or not this was a good way to go about this.

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I've never checked pressure on a car with an engine driven pump, should they flutter like that?

We're trying our hand at a garden this year, made some above ground beds. Left the front open to be able to drive a wheelbarrow in and dump it instead of shovelling to unload. Should save some labor.

View attachment 196780

Used cedar planks screwed to pressure treated studs. The big ones are leftovers from when I did the deck during #rona. Covered the inside with plastic to try and extend its lifespan. Second one will go up once we dig it out its spot. We'll see whether or not this was a good way to go about this.
I'd say you ought to add more to its life than you care to use it. Cedar started off rot resistant.

I built some garden boxes for patio and deck use, it was pallet bottom, then a bottomless scrap 1x12 PINE for sides. Lined with drop cloth plastic and a slit cut in the center bottom for drainage covered with felt. 3 years later, the plastic has degraded from uv where exposed, box sides have no deterioration.

And it's humid being in Georgia.

I'd venture you're good to go

Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I welded up an angle iron edge on my car trailer for the ramps I built to hook to. I took a break and was looking at Market Place and found something I thought I needed.
20220417_170408.jpg
20220417_170423.jpg
20220417_174858.jpg
20220417_170438.jpg
It is a 2005 Crown Vic with 180000 miles. It was ten miles from my house. So the story goes: some dude was drunk driving and put it in ditch. He abandoned the car and has been in and out of jail since for multiple things. The towing company got posession of the car for lack of payment. I bought it off the towing company. Runs and drives good and everything seems to work. The radiator is busted and there is no title. I plan to build a Crown Vic swapped Ford pickup in the near future. So this puts me one step closer to that I guess. I also got to try out my new trailer ramps. I am starting to think maybe I have a problem?

Reactions: 8 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I'd say you ought to add more to its life than you care to use it. Cedar started off rot resistant.

I built some garden boxes for patio and deck use, it was pallet bottom, then a bottomless scrap 1x12 PINE for sides. Lined with drop cloth plastic and a slit cut in the center bottom for drainage covered with felt. 3 years later, the plastic has degraded from uv where exposed, box sides have no deterioration.

And it's humid being in Georgia.

I'd venture you're good to go

That's good to hear, especially from not humid CO.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I welded up an angle iron edge on my car trailer for the ramps I built to hook to. I took a break and was looking at Market Place and found something I thought I needed. View attachment 196784 View attachment 196785 View attachment 196786 View attachment 196787 It is a 2005 Crown Vic with 180000 miles. It was ten miles from my house. So the story goes: some dude was drunk driving and put it in ditch. He abandoned the car and has been in and out of jail since for multiple things. The towing company got posession of the car for lack of payment. I bought it off the towing company. Runs and drives good and everything seems to work. The radiator is busted and there is no title. I plan to build a Crown Vic swapped Ford pickup in the near future. So this puts me one step closer to that I guess. I also got to try out my new trailer ramps. I am starting to think maybe I have a problem?
It's not a problem until you find yourself buying a 1 ton 2 car flatbed to make it easier to get them all home lol even then it's ok it's just becoming a business.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor