What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
... not where I thought that was going. Couldn't figure out the 36" pool vs a 40 gallon drum but each to their own... and the lack of yeast.... then the lightbulb turned on and we were talking about different things. :)

Have you perhaps considered 12v electrolysis to remove the rust? Baking Soda a battery and a 12v charger ?

Not sure where the 45 gallon drum notion came from. All that is going on here is the creation of a soaking tub for rust removal. The choice of feed grade molasses is to avoid the whole yeast and mold/penicillin business. Feed grade m-ss is bio-degradable so disposal is tipping over the wading pool once done and letting the lawn get some nourishment out of the deal. One suggestion is to just dig a hole and dump it that way but the water table here is so high that just lifting the sod gets you back flow. I do have a resource for determining the ratio/proportion of m-ss to water. The only thing holding me back was the need for a bit of work that had to happen to my Wheee-ler to make it easier to attach cargo and ratchet straps without having them droop and fall off during the process. Got that done this afternoon; nope, no pictures, not yet at least.

Nick

I have a really good spiced rum recipe if you change your mind and take Axisg's advice.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
So what goodies will that buy the monte? That's the real question
Probably an oil change haha that car is pretty damn fun to drive as it is.

I do have some rear body bushings that are wore out, I'll have to look into that.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Probably an oil change haha that car is pretty damn fun to drive as it is.

I do have some rear body bushings that are wore out, I'll have to look into that.
Well, she is about 40 years old. By that age most ladies have some sagging in their rear body, unfortunately.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Well, she is about 40 years old. By that age most ladies have some sagging in their rear body, unfortunately.
Yup. My woman doesn't so I'll take the one that I can fix up. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Bought this last fall, with plans to fix it and flip it. All torn apart, engine didn't run. Swapped the old school points for a new style magneto, rebuilt the carb, serviced it. Starts and runs on the first pull now. Been tripping over it in the garage, decided it was just time for it to go. Guy drove from 3 hours away to buy it. I profited $200, only had about 2 hours into it.

20220424_114350.jpg

Then found this and promptly bought it. 🤣

20220515_145537.jpg

10kw propane home generator. Has 99 hours on it, wouldn't crank, guy was told it needed a starter and battery. Both are fine, it's missing the cap and fuse for the starter system 🤣 Oh and did I mention I snagged it for $550 which also includes the automatic transfer switch? Score!

• Winner
Reactions: 10 users
Nov 4, 2012
I hosed the pollen off the F150 and Fluid Filmed a lot of the frame. It's a 2015 with just under 80k miles on it. The body is still spotless but the frame is starting to show some surface rust on the welds and the more exposed areas. I didn't do use the cavity wands or pull the wheels off, I just hit where I could reach. I'll go back and recoat it and spray inside all the holes before next winter.
20220515_153331.jpg

20220514_153853.jpg
20220514_153819.jpg
20220515_153402.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That is a damn good score. I got this one from a guy local for $250. Generac 5550W with 8550W Surge Protection. Ran on first pull, just needed a little bit of cleaning so I went through it all and cleaned everything up. Built a cord so I can use it to power my house by back feeding through the Dryer Connection.

GEN.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Sold some junk at Atco dragway then promptly filled the swap meet trailer with more stuff when we got back. Finished the day by going to the shop and cleaning up my mess and did another heat cycle on the G.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor