What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Got around to doing more demo on my rotten bathroom. I somehow managed to lift and walk the cast iron out of the way. Subfloor rot is worse than I thought, it goes under the side wall of the shower and part of the floorplate it rotted too. Thankfully this wall is non load bearing and its my cellar steps on the other side. The rot also extends under the shower head wall into the bathroom closet, this wall never had a floorplate which speaks to the quality of the construction. Going to have take out and rebuild this wall and the closet now. However, I am concerned that the subfloor rot extends out under the hallway wall which is load bearing. I can see from the basement that the affected plywood panel ends right under the wall. I probably can build a brace in the hallway if needed.

If this bathroom was a car I would junk it.
at least you know the value of it 😁

outdoor-showers-reclaimed-wood-1582832605.jpg

Reactions: Clone TIE Pilot
at least you know the value of it 😁

outdoor-showers-reclaimed-wood-1582832605.jpg
Looks like a shore house sand shower, the foot washer is a giveaway.

Glad I have a second full indoor bathroom with a shower.

My grandfather's Buick LaCrosse is not going to pass inspection in its current state. He drives about 2k miles a year between church, the grocery store and the cemetery. He took it to a mechanic because it was leaking coolant and the mechanic suggested it might be time to look for another car. He isn't sure how much longer he will be driving and doesn't want to buy another car for the small amount of driving he does. This is him when he first bought it picking his nose.
IMG_20170425_124350441.jpg

I decided to take a look at the car for myself and I agree, for most people it would be best to replace it. But with his driving situation, I understand his desire to fix it and I'm going to do it for him. The main issue is the rust on the rockers. The fenders are also shot at the bottom. Additionally the aforementioned coolant leak is coming from the intake gasket. It also needs four tires.
20230124_135800.jpg
20230124_135715.jpg
20230124_135734.jpg
20230124_135741.jpg

I'm sure that rust is scary to you guys down south and I'll admit it is damn ugly but the rockers can be patched up relatively easily. I bought new OEM intake gaskets from Rockauto. Tires are 16 inchers and I'll either find a set of used ones or otherwise a set of new Douglas all season tires is $300 at Walmart. I picked up two fenders from the junkyard on Wednesday. They aren't perfect and they need painted but I started working on them today. Had to put some Rust Mort on the very bottom as there was some surface rust. Probably put one more coat on them. Then I'll get them scuffed, primed and painted so they'll be ready to put on when I do the rockers.
20230125_141637.jpg

20230127_183015.jpg

Last edited:
Put some gas in it, pulled the string a few times, then did a few hot laps around the house......View attachment 215011

This old, they're always a project.

Nice skiwhiz!

Dad was a Massey Ferguson dealer and has a MF10 lawn tractor, been wanting to round the collection out with a skiwhiz.

Nice skiwhiz!

Dad was a Massey Ferguson dealer and has a MF10 lawn tractor, been wanting to round the collection out with a skiwhiz.
It's my second one. First one was a '72 Formula IV. Son of the dealer who sold it originally in N.Y. found a pic I had posted online and recognized the old dealer tag on it. I sold it back to him about 10 years ago.
Traded an Arctic Cat for this one. Love them old JLO's.

Brought the 99 to the shop for a pick up tube o-ring replacement. Took about 8 hours, and left me wishing all I needed in PA was a 2wd truck.
D5A2FA3B-AD34-4BB5-8BCF-A3621AB9F603.jpeg

The factory o-ring was less circular and more tubular than it should’ve been.
3547F780-7FFB-41A1-A82E-1FA38C82952B.jpeg

Once it was out, it looked like half of it was in contact with the pump for quite a while, long enough to stain the o-ring with oil coloring.
Around the end of November, the oil pressure at cold idle dropped to low to mid 20s from a constant 40 and the engine started running for several seconds in colder weather with 0 oil pressure, and only reached 40 when warm.

8 hours, a bunch of cleaning, cursing, and the occasional drop of oil in the eye, it went together and I saw this on the dash less than 4 seconds after starting it:
5891C9D2-54BF-4225-B2B2-6E46BCA4D39C.jpeg

50 psi. In an engine that *may* have 300k on it.
I’m overjoyed, too bad the rest of the truck is so bad, I’ll need to replace it this year.

I am in the process of making a heater for the garage using a 20mm ammo can (17"x10"x6"). At this point, I plan on using #2 oil lamp burners fueled with a mix of diesel and waste motor oil. Plans are for a 3" cold air inlet from the outside and exhaust using a 3" pellet stove pipe and then out of garage via pellet stove thimble.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor