What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Careful with that PB and heat mixture, would hate to hear that your next project has to be a lung transplant.

Nick

Careful with that PB and heat mixture, would hate to hear that your next project has to be a lung transplant.

Nick

Not Me Oops GIF by Symphonic Distribution

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
just a touch of Never Seize on the thread
YES! THAT^^^^^^ And I go a step further and squirt some oil into the bleeder cavity, then quickly snap the little rubber cap on. I first saw those many moons go on a VW and I have been using them ever since.
s-l500.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Too cold out so I do indoor stuff. My daughter dragged home an old Singer treadle sewing machine. The instruction and accessory manuals where in one of the drawers. Written down was 'Purchased March 17, 1905'. I learned to sew on one of these when I was a kid in rural PA. I put a new leather drive belt on, cleaned and oiled everything, glued all the loose veneer, and it works pretty nice. Now I have it coated in baby oil to try and soften the old dried oil that is obscuring the pretty decals. Someone already ruined a few so I am being careful not to ruin any more. So first get it running, then make it pretty later. Just like my cars. This should be much prettier than my fugly-azz cars!!!!!!!!!!!! IMG_0582.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Now that brings back memories! My Mom had one back in the fifties; think it was a hand me down from the family. Not sure where it disappeared to, maybe one of the aunts took possession of it at some point. Not sure if yours is the same but the one that I remember had a deck that opened up so that the machine could fold down into it on a piano hinge attached to the back edge. Then the whole thing close up again. Throw a doily and a flower pot on it and hide it in plain sight.

Nick

K1500 now doesn't start. Just clicks, at first thought the engine might've been locked up a bit for some reason. Nope turns over via alternator nut effortlessly. I heard the cachunk of the starter gear leaving the flex plate, so I guess the starter is A) ded or b) corroded/loose wires which given how crusty this truck is I wouldn't be surprised... but the starter looks fairly new, like less than a few years new. And my grandma doesn't remember ever putting a starter on it in the time they've had it since 2010. Yaaaay.

We-ell, corrosion at the solenoid terminals could be the culprit as you say, or possibly, if the corrosion is that much of an issue, the primary power cable from the battery to the stud on the solenoid could be rotten internally from decay or, same-same for the ground cable wherever it is attached to or, the battery has decided to commit suicide by sulphation and is now an ex-battery; that is, like Monty Python's parrot, it has ceased to be. Or it might even be a case of the solenoid plunger being hung up by rust and not being able to come and go freely.

Should the battery be the case, they can be teased back to life using a trickle charger to slowly return the charge to the plates over a prolonged period of time. Or it can be converted to a door stop or sent for recycling or as a core for a new one.

Whatever the issue, it does look like you are about to engage in a garage dance known as the "concrete slither".

Nick

We-ell, corrosion at the solenoid terminals could be the culprit as you say, or possibly, if the corrosion is that much of an issue, the primary power cable from the battery to the stud on the solenoid could be rotten internally from decay or, same-same for the ground cable wherever it is attached to or, the battery has decided to commit suicide by sulphation and is now an ex-battery; that is, like Monty Python's parrot, it has ceased to be. Or it might even be a case of the solenoid plunger being hung up by rust and not being able to come and go freely.

Should the battery be the case, they can be teased back to life using a trickle charger to slowly return the charge to the plates over a prolonged period of time. Or it can be converted to a door stop or sent for recycling or as a core for a new one.

Whatever the issue, it does look like you are about to engage in a garage dance known as the "concrete slither".

Nick
it's a brand new battery, still shows good voltage (12+), takes a charge, oldschool battery charger says its in the green zone. I'll find out tomorrow after work.

If you happen to have a load tester in your tool inventory then maybe consider doing a pile test on it. Depending on where the mfgr is located, being new is not necessarily equatible with quality. There are only one or two or so manufacturers that do make batteries and the distinction between the brands is mostly the label or decals on the case.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor