What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Posted on the mia title thing about two? weeks ago with the name and addy of a company down your way that specializes in generating legal titles for vehicles. If that vendor still can't locate the title, what about scoring the ride as a parts vehicle and then applying for a title yourself/

Nick

Posted on the mia title thing about two? weeks ago with the name and addy of a company down your way that specializes in generating legal titles for vehicles. If that vendor still can't locate the title, what about scoring the ride as a parts vehicle and then applying for a title yourself/

Nick
Just adds to the cost Nick. With the amount of body rot I was counting on the title to be able to register a junkyard cab. This one had the usual rocker rot, but, cab supports were gone (could crumble in your hand), the bpillars rotted at the usual spot near the roof both sides, rear panel rotted around the cargo lamp, and floors everywhere including the bed was rotted. Really it was a nice frame, and an automatic chassis setup with some small trim pieces. I own the sheetmetal except the cab. But I can't rationalize paying upwards of $1200 for only a frame and some trim, then needing to cut and dispose an entire rotted body worth of labor. Now, flip it around, $600 including fuel to get home the same thing with a clean title? Makes more sense.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
This is the antique Waterbury clock I have been working on. Best I can tell is this type model was offered in the 1881 Waterbury catalog. I was born in Chicago and my Aunt had this clock that I loved to play with as a kid. It stopped working when I was 9 and it sat collecting dust for 60 years. I inherited it long ago but I knew nothing about clocks. I educated myself and learned enough about spring wound clocks to get it cleaned up, oiled, and running. I still need to adjust the minute hand to coincide with the hour strike but that is a delicate internal adjustment. Here it is in action.

Reactions: 1 users
No offense, I don't get it a lot of my buddies love that body style too. I personally think it is one of the worst they made
Eh no worries. I like the smallest passenger compartment possible. The C4, C5, C6, C7 with the standard coupe sloped back glass to me looks like an Aerocoupe Gbody, and that's horrible.

C5 Z06 is the FRC chassis, and to me it's sex.. 😍

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Did a little work on the Blazer, pulling the manifolds off so that I can cut them and flip them to mount the turbos
20230203_174404.jpg
20230203_174416.jpg

How much of a pain is it to weld pipe to those iron manifolds?
Same thing I'm wondering because the late 90's LS stuff in come cars were steel and it's much easier to use than cast iron.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor