What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

We-ell, corrosion at the solenoid terminals could be the culprit as you say, or possibly, if the corrosion is that much of an issue, the primary power cable from the battery to the stud on the solenoid could be rotten internally from decay or, same-same for the ground cable wherever it is attached to or, the battery has decided to commit suicide by sulphation and is now an ex-battery; that is, like Monty Python's parrot, it has ceased to be. Or it might even be a case of the solenoid plunger being hung up by rust and not being able to come and go freely.

Should the battery be the case, they can be teased back to life using a trickle charger to slowly return the charge to the plates over a prolonged period of time. Or it can be converted to a door stop or sent for recycling or as a core for a new one.

Whatever the issue, it does look like you are about to engage in a garage dance known as the "concrete slither".

Nick
but that's ok, it has beautiful plumage paint

those cute little blue caps
That was a Fleabay item. I think those are silicone. I usually find the black rubber ones in local stores. Motormite and HELP! selections carry them. Usually all I find are the pop-ons without the retainer strap. You can get bags of 100 on Fleabay. As for the sewing machine, yes, it slips down into itself and hides. What I did not know was that there is a 'de-railer' thingy that you use to slip the belt off when storing it. That way it doesn't get stretched all to ell.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
I seriously almost bought this today...

Screenshot_20230202_173326_Chrome.jpg

As in, drove out there with cash in hand, beating off the phone competition from some guy from PA ( joesregalproject ???)

But anyways, got there and the girl told me they couldn't find the title, and would write a bill of sale till they found it. I hmmed and hawed quite a bit. Then I passed for now, said to her that if they can find the title, call me, I'll be there cash in hand in under an hour.

Sure, there's probably triple in scrap and part sto sell then what they asked for it. But I wanted a titled truck to build, not more work to chop it up. We'll see, maybe they call back? I doubt it though.

Reactions: joesregalproject

View attachment 215364

As in, drove out there with cash in hand, beating off the phone competition from some guy from PA ( joesregalproject ???)

But anyways, got there and the girl told me they couldn't find the title, and would write a bill of sale till they found it. I hmmed and hawed quite a bit. Then I passed for now, said to her that if they can find the title, call me, I'll be there cash in hand in under an hour.

Sure, there's probably triple in scrap and part sto sell then what they asked for it. But I wanted a titled truck to build, not more work to chop it up. We'll see, maybe they call back? I doubt it though.

Wasn't me you had to chase off, but I don't blame you for passing on a no title mess. I don't understand why title laws aren't standardized across the country. Sold the Dodge to a guy from Rochester NY. They don't have to notarize titles nor do they record mileage on vehicles more than so many years old. The idea of going to a notary to transfer the title was a foreign concept to him.

View attachment 215364

I want a square body crew pretty bad but I want to start with something nicer than that. Speaking of square body crew, anyone know what happened to Clutch ?

I want a square body crew pretty bad but I want to start with something nicer than that. Speaking of square body crew, anyone know what happened to Clutch ?
My requirements are worse than yours because I want a 73-80 that's a factory automatic... not dealing with all the 4spd delete stuff and my leg strength won't handle extended clutch action with the damage I've got nerve and disc related.

This fit the bill, but, when the 'title in hand' part of the ad evaporated when I got there, well...

I've got 3 spare beds, spare doors, spare fenders, even core supports, bumpers, etc.... all I need is a cab that's not rotted in the roof and cab supports, and a title. I've even got a lightly used known history 350/4l80e-hd and 4.10 g80 ready to go.

Reactions: Texas82GP
Wasn't me you had to chase off, but I don't blame you for passing on a no title mess. I don't understand why title laws aren't standardized across the country. Sold the Dodge to a guy from Rochester NY. They don't have to notarize titles nor do they record mileage on vehicles more than so many years old. The idea of going to a notary to transfer the title was a foreign concept to him.

In MI: No notarized titles, no VIN verifications, they take you word on the mileage, the bank doesn't hold the title (but the lien is annotated on it), no luxury tax. They're not the best, but they're far from the worst. Oh, and trailer plates are permanent! No emissions! No front plates!

Speaking of square body crew, anyone know what happened to @Clutch ?
Just noticed he hasn't posted in a bit. Hope he's doing okay.
In MI: No notarized titles, no VIN verifications, they take you word on the mileage, the bank doesn't hold the title (but the lien is annotated on it), no luxury tax. They're not the best, but they're far from the worst. Oh, and trailer plates are permanent! No emissions! No front plates!
That's pretty good. We don't have front plates and emissions is only in a few counties (obviously including the one I'm in), but we don't get any of that other cool stuff.

My requirements are worse than yours because I want a 73-80 that's a factory automatic... not dealing with all the 4spd delete stuff and my leg strength won't handle extended clutch action with the damage I've got nerve and disc related.

This fit the bill, but, when the 'title in hand' part of the ad evaporated when I got there, well...

I've got 3 spare beds, spare doors, spare fenders, even core supports, bumpers, etc.... all I need is a cab that's not rotted in the roof and cab supports, and a title. I've even got a lightly used known history 350/4l80e-hd and 4.10 g80 ready to go.
There's also some 3+3 specific stuff in the interior (back row) that you'd rather was there than missing.

Reactions: Rktpwrd

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor