What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

As to the question of a favorite Corvette profile, for me it would be the C-2, aka 58-62, the C-3, aka 63-67, and the C-4, from 68-70. I know C-4 goes to 72 but the last two years were when they started to look a little clunky with all the safety crap that was starting to get introduced. Kind of like the 68-71 Novas; nice lines, but the 72 and later got the goofy bumpers.

I suspect that one sign of being excessively OCD is when you go to the extreme of mentally cataloguing how much or badly you hate someone. That type of exercise is not one that I am prone to indulge in, with one exception For me that would be R*l*h N***r for whom I have a particularly nasty form of antipathy. Between him and the national highway safety-crats, they took a lot of nice designs and destroyed them. It makes a person wonder just how many proposed models never made it into production because it would have been too expensive to build in the level of safety that the bureaucrats were demanding.

Don't get me wrong, that little blue go faster in the above posted pictures has nice lines and is built to fly, but how much of what it does is due to direct driver input and how much is dictated by what the computer software thinks is appropriate?

Not immediately relevant but drove a 22 Yaris last year and the biggest hassle was getting the car to approach the car ahead of it sufficiently close enough to make passing a simple exercise. The proximity software drove me nuts because it kept slowing the car down which is exactly what you don't want when you are trying to pass and you have a string of cars running in the passing lane who are not running at the limit, they are using the limit as a guide and motoring.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed your cruise time.

Nick

Turbski LS Engine, should offend half this group.

Who put the Typhoon decals on it?
Someone previous to me, it was a Typhoon clone. I'm not a big fan of clones, had been wanting a Typhoon forever shortly after buying the Monte an Aspen Blue Typhoon came up that I regretted not being able to get. Especially the huge price hike they have taken, I don't feel bad doing anything to this since it isn't a super rare vehicle
How much of a pain is it to weld pipe to those iron manifolds?
Honestly I don't remember, my buddy did it for me. I don't think it took him that long, he was doing it while I was messing with the interior

Reactions: Rktpwrd
As to the question of a favorite Corvette profile, for me it would be the C-2, aka 58-62, the C-3, aka 63-67, and the C-4, from 68-70. I know C-4 goes to 72 but the last two years were when they started to look a little clunky with all the safety crap that was starting to get introduced.
Let me help..

Corvette C1: 1953-62
C2: 1963-67
C3: 1968-82
C4: 1984-96
C5: 1997-2004
C6: 2005-2014
C7: 2015- 2021?
C8: Don't care

Reactions: Texas82GP and scoti
Let me help..

Corvette C1: 1953-62
C2: 1963-67
C3: 1968-82
C4: 1984-96
C5: 1997-2004
C6: 2005-2014
C7: 2015- 2021?
C8: Don't care
I was going to say some of his date-line was off vs the body style.

C5 FRC Z06's ftw as far as later model stuff followed closely by the C6 Z06 & GranSport optioned rides. Those flared quarters on those C6 models are sweet.

C5 FRC Z06's ftw as far as later model stuff followed closely by the C6 Z06 & GranSport optioned rides. Those flared quarters on those C6 models are sweet.
I know most purists hate the C7 but that would be my choice of Z06's

I just can't do the new ones because the rear end looks like an Acura. Corvettes are known for the round tail lights, C6 is the last to have them.

Agreed. Plain C6 base model is just meh.. Z06 or Grand Sport has the looks.

I know most purists hate the C7 but that would be my choice of Z06's

Meh, too heavy and too many heating issues on track. The C8 Z06 is looking tasty, but it's priced decades out of my range. There are still lots of C5 and C6 cars at the track getting it done. No C4s though, at least not race builds or anyone turning an eye popping lap time.

I just can't do the new ones because the rear end looks like an Acura. Corvettes are known for the round tail lights, C6 is the last to have them.

Agreed. Plain C6 base model is just meh.. Z06 or Grand Sport has the looks.
Yeah thats why I say purists hate it, they even had trouble with the C6's didn't they?

Yeah thats why I say purists hate it, they even had trouble with the C6's didn't they?
Not that I've heard but I'm not in the realm of the Corvette world. I was in the local group here for a little bit and it was too much for me, the ego was there to cover the late life crisis..

Meh, too heavy and too many heating issues on track. The C8 Z06 is looking tasty, but it's priced decades out of my range. There are still lots of C5 and C6 cars at the track getting it done. No C4s though, at least not race builds or anyone turning an eye popping lap time.
Yup, buddy was telling me he saw a C6 body on a C5Z06 Chassis. Apparently that's a thing and it was turning down some crazy times.

My C5Z06 on scales was 3085lbs as it sits now full tank of gas, a C6Z06 is supposed to be lighter than that.

Not that I've heard but I'm not in the realm of the Corvette world. I was in the local group here for a little bit and it was too much for me, the ego was there to cover the late life crisis..

Yup, buddy was telling me he saw a C6 body on a C5Z06 Chassis. Apparently that's a thing and it was turning down some crazy times.

My C5Z06 on scales was 3085lbs as it sits now full tank of gas, a C6Z06 is supposed to be lighter than that.

I don't see why you'd put a C6 body on a steel C5 chassis, C6Z was aluminum. Then again every single panel just unscrews. Suspension and brakes can all be interchanged. My C5Z was 3090# eons ago (they were rated 3120# IIRC) with a full tank, but that was before headers, Spal fan, and a lighter battery. C6 was 3118# back in 2006, but from there it got heavier with the TR6060 and whatever else. Not sure what the Z07 carbon package did for weight though. Either way they're light, fast, and still very capable not yet outdated chassis to run at the race track.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor