What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Took the '79 Holiday 88 out for my first drive, after fighting for 3 hours with the tire iron which is the Canadian winter, since it's outside stored and built up ice, around the left tire, spent more time in the snow than in the car I am beginning to think seriously 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣

That said, WOW she handled well. Reminds me of my first white 83 Delta.

Since parking it, I also replaced the alternator cable with a much larger size, and installed a new battery terminal.

Engine still knocking, no change there. Plenty of oil also, and the gauge for some reason went from 40 to 20 to... 0 😒🤣🤣🤣

Never stalled on me, and the oil is still clean from when I changed it before storage.

9423CB16-B878-4080-BE21-70D4A7E68890.jpeg

Attachments

• 299F1F1D-4880-4D90-B248-D2F08D3A506F.jpeg
    299F1F1D-4880-4D90-B248-D2F08D3A506F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
Before I can even think about touching my Skylark I've got to get my Grandfather's LaCrosse in shape. It was nice and warm today so I got the fenders both scuffed and primed. I did a little bit of filler work on the passenger side. I didn't go insane but I got the two most noticable dings out. If it is warm later in the week I might even get them painted.
20230207_162616.jpg
20230207_162625.jpg

Cutting out/replacing more brittle *ss corroded wiring from the f250, making all the lights work, again. Blower motor works now, bad ground. So it's got heat now.
Bought brake parts for the k1500. The sudden no start issue with the k1500 was due to a crunchy battery cable. NOS cable i had on the wall fixed it. Truck already had a new starter so i took the newnew one back. $103 back in my pocket.
bad2.jpg
bad1.jpg

It's a bit of an awwww f*ck afternoon. Something must've been pretty weak in the ground, our side, not municipal. Had a saturated area and hole filled with water as I was cutting grass.

I found 2 irrigation cut-off valves, and, an odd jet pump that had a dial talking about fertilizer. On the opposite side of the house, maybe 80 ft away, was a watering controller mounted by the hot water heater and I never bothered to screw with it to figure it out because the yard needed so much other work and had many a sunken area, planned to dump fill dirt then topsoil this spring to fix them, then try to get the sprinklers going.

Well... now there's something new to figure out. Guess I'll add it to the house thread later or something.

Reactions: Texas82GP
It's a bit of an awwww f*ck afternoon. Something must've been pretty weak in the ground, our side, not municipal. Had a saturated area and hole filled with water as I was cutting grass.

I found 2 irrigation cut-off valves, and, an odd jet pump that had a dial talking about fertilizer. On the opposite side of the house, maybe 80 ft away, was a watering controller mounted by the hot water heater and I never bothered to screw with it to figure it out because the yard needed so much other work and had many a sunken area, planned to dump fill dirt then topsoil this spring to fix them, then try to get the sprinklers going.

Well... now there's something new to figure out. Guess I'll add it to the house thread later or something.

Why would one heat hot water? 🤔

Despite my desire to read through the entire unabridged saga of Tynan, I wanted to take advantage of the warm weather and get these fenders painted. I got a second coat of primer on and blocked them to 400 yesterday.
20230208_163836.jpg

I'm a bit rusty with a paint gun but they came out okay. They are too nice for the car they are going on anyways. They need a minor cut and buff but they'll look fine. The rest of the car has so many scratches it'll probably need buffed to match the fenders.
20230209_162225.jpg
20230209_160738.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor