What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Are there any nice cars available in Iowa?

Yes,

It's just tough to trade a rusty paperclip for a shiny pocket knife.

1673324039520.png

1673324225661.png

1673324272535.png

1673324321838.png

1673324374987.png

1673324415661.png

1673324505832.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 1 user
I guess I'm behind in The Saga of MrSony. How does the Ford currently fit in? 2nd project car? Do you still have your Regal? Don't you daily a Cobalt or something?

I got the power top on my Firebird project to work. It was missing several critical fasteners that someone took off and misplaced. Once they were on I ran the top up-down-up-down- nice and smooth. Then I noticed the leaks. At the top of each cylinder there are C-clips retaining an O-ring and each side was leaking. Normally you just replace the whole cylinder for about $150 each. But a guy on the First Gen site posted that he was able to replace the O-rings and stop the leaks. Finding the right size was the hardest part and was a process of try-and-see. That is my next task, to take the cylinders apart and see if I can do that. I guess Viton O-rings are needed? Seems this maybe can work with all models of hydraulic cylinders used on American cars.
s-l200.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I guess I'm behind in The Saga of MrSony. How does the Ford currently fit in? 2nd project car? Do you still have your Regal? Don't you daily a Cobalt or something?
More of a ballad.
The regal is my daily except in extremely adverse weather. Then it's the f250. I've had the truck since September of 2021 (birthday present to myself, always wanted a round light dentside ) but I've had it on mp for quite a while and every deal so far seems to fall through. Between people not responding, offering me stupid sh*t or thinking it's a $500 beater I might as well keep the damn thing.

Reactions: 1 user
I guess the guy with the k2500 must've looked through my marketplace post again and decided no trading lol radio silence for going on two and a half days.

Also, I claim the 9,000th message.

Reactions: 1 users
My original '68 Firebird hardtop seats are long gone. I have a set of '69 seats with the headrests. They need to be recovered. I never felt the 1960's seats were very comfortable. I also have a set of second gen high back vinyl buckets [1978], a set of Sunfire cloth buckets [1999], a set of 4th gen cloth buckets [1994], and a set of Recaro multi adjustable cloth seats from an unknown year Corvette. I will be using a 6-way power seat base as I do on most of my cars. GM buckets bolt directly to GM power bases almost all the time. So far the width of the power base bolt holes are a match to the '68 threaded bolt holes in the Firebird body. The length is too short so I will need to weld an extension to the base to reach all the threaded holes. I tested the power base and found one of the gears was not working. The flexible drive shaft broke at the end so it did not reach the gear. Luckily I have some for parts so I grabbed a longer flexible shaft and cut it shorter to fit the original casing [blue one]. It worked and now it is 6- way again. I could use any of the GM buckets but I have been saving the Recaro seats for almost as long as I have had this convertible. I want to try to use them first but it does not match the bolt pattern on the GM power base. Since they were in a Corvette the seat base is very thin and flat and you feel like you are sitting on the floor. I took the Corvette base off and bolted it to the power base after drilling some holes. Then the Recaro seat will get bolted to that. I will have 6-way adjust-ability while retaining the forward/back adjustment of the Recaro seat too. If the rain ever stops I can take it out and see which set of holes will work best and then extend the other end to reach the rest. Then I can cut and weld the rest of the Corvette base for a nice clean fit that looks original. IMG_0564.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor