What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

had to refresh my memory a bit...

yeah, they weren't had motors, put out some good torque. as long as you're keeping the good stuff, I'd say that the motor is worth the $500 cash he wanted. he gets a running truck and good shortblock, you get a car with a knock and a tow to your house
a more valuable car ;) and no title. but like i said i kind of nudged him towards the other offers he had.

DSCN3559.JPG

DSCN3560.JPG

Took a skinny minute to document what was going on with the Indian Front Fender Bracket project.

Above are a couple of shots of the first generation bracket that I cobbled together from an existing part that used to be attached to a side car fender. This particular component was not stock; evidently it had been "created" from scrap flat bar about 60 odd years ago by a former owner as some type or repair or replacement for what was supposed to be there. For me to get them to fit, I had to expand their width by 5/8ths of an inch to match the recipient fender. Not sure of the history or source for the basic material; could almost have come from a blacksmith shop or foundry as there used to be a few of them around here in my Grand-dad's time, none remain. I think this because it is miserable stuff to work with and lacks the smooth machine produced finish that is typical of mass generated stock.

DSCN3561.JPG

DSCN3562.JPG

Plan B. After a lot of frustrating tweaks and twists to the first version of the bracket, I finally elected to go clean slate and bend them from scratch. As it turned out, I had enough of the strap material left over from the first try that I was able to bend and shape another pair of brackets, as seen in the shots above. At this point they are still rough shaped and will still have to be tweaked into their final shape which has to conform closely to that of the fender so as not to deform the fender's curves and metal.

DSCN3565.JPG

DSCN3566.JPG

The front strap, clamped into position as seen from above, and how it all looks on the inside. As you can see the bracket is only held in place by a trio of C-clamps. Where it presently sits may not be its final resting place so I am holding off laying down any tacks by way of making it more secure until later. This fender has one additional issue attached to it in that, at one point in its past, it lost the first 3-5 inches of its leading edge. The raw edge left over from the amputation was nasty enough that i had to cut away more material just to get the symmetry of the curves and edges back. Right now I am on the lookout for an donor fender that I can harvest that section from. I suppose that if I had an english wheel or a panel roller that I could cobble something up but it is simpler to work with existing curves wherever possible.

The green masking tape is there to protect the fender from scratching the paint on the main legs of the front end. It is fairly certain that the red color you see is the original color that the component came with. There is only a sort of grey primer underneath it and no sign that there has ever been a respray or that the metal was ever stripped down to bare. Top side is a whole nother matter as it had to be taken down to bare metal in order to deal with a few dings and extra holes. If I can match the color, which is probably a very old Dupont Enamel code, I might consider doing the whole bike in ti but i like the shade of red that it currently wears and am in no big hurry to ad to my work load by doing a total strip and repaint. As it is, the plan for underneath is to leave it as is for the most part, just feather the edges and throw a shot of flat clear at it to preserve the patina.

"Oh what fun, it is to beat, on a nasty piece of junk.....................Eh?"

CopperNick

Reactions: 1 users
Put this "Seiko" watch together last night, all aftermarket purchased parts, some assembly required. Built for a buddy after he picked the case, I bought the rest with his vision in mind.

Reactions: 4 users
Guy (afaik) sold the riv, but coincidentally a guy on MP messaged me wanting to trade his 98 k2500.
Waiting for him to respond.
received_842906233674300.jpeg
received_889992092046059.jpeg

AW-right, wadaminute here, did you or did you not score the RIV?? From the exchange of posts, thought that was a done deal. So is this another truck you have in your inventory that is about to go down the road or did the Riv deal fall through and this truck for truck swap rise out of the ashes or ?????

Just me, Dazed and Cornfuzed heah, as usual

Nick

AW-right, wadaminute here, did you or did you not score the RIV?? From the exchange of posts, thought that was a done deal. So is this another truck you have in your inventory that is about to go down the road or did the Riv deal fall through and this truck for truck swap rise out of the ashes or ?????

Just me, Dazed and Cornfuzed heah, as usual

Nick
Guy marked the riv as sold, and it ain't sitting in my driveway so I assume it's gonzo.
Out of the blue yesterday the guy with the K2500 messaged me wanting to trade the 76 f250 (and extra parts) for the k2500. He's yet to respond.

Reactions: 1 user
Guy marked the riv as sold, and it ain't sitting in my driveway so I assume it's gonzo.
Out of the blue yesterday the guy with the K2500 messaged me wanting to trade the 76 f250 (and extra parts) for the k2500. He's yet to respond.
why would he want an older requivalent truck for a newer equivalent 4x4 truck? ...I'd have the 4x4 system and driveline checked out. maybe if he includes the pictured trailer?

why would he want an older requivalent truck for a newer equivalent 4x4 truck? ...I'd have the 4x4 system and driveline checked out. maybe if he includes the pictured trailer?
He says he grew up in dentside fords and wants one again. Basically it.

Are there any nice cars available in Iowa?

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor