What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Because it was mild today I went out in the woods and severed several Poison Ivy vines growing up trees with my pole chainsaw. It helps keep the spread of PI down.

went and checked out that riviera it is both slightly worse and slightly better than it looked. i heard the knock in person, it definitely sounds external, very flexplatey sounding. it was cold so i didnt have a chance to fully crawl under the car and check. car needs a tank/flush before it will run without being bottle fed. oddly there is a plaque in the car that says it was built specially for a guy from Minnesota named vernon.
the deal has morphed into trading the truck, my extra engine, and me paying him only $100 instead of $500, plus he'd tow it to my house a half hour from where its stored.

Reactions: 1 user
went and checked out that riviera it is both slightly worse and slightly better than it looked. i heard the knock in person, it definitely sounds external, very flexplatey sounding. it was cold so i didnt have a chance to fully crawl under the car and check. car needs a tank/flush before it will run without being bottle fed. oddly there is a plaque in the car that says it was built specially for a guy from Minnesota named vernon.
the deal has morphed into trading the truck, my extra engine, and me paying him only $100 instead of $500, plus he'd tow it to my house a half hour from where its stored.
extra engine? a rod-knockin' 350? or a full dress 455?

extra engine? a rod-knockin' 350? or a full dress 455?
Extra 390 I bought for the Ford. I'd be trading the truck plus the 390, and a handful of other Ford parts for the riv and all the parts he has for it. And instead of me paying him $500 on top of that, it's now $100 AND he'll trailer it to my house. That's if the deal goes through. He mentioned someone offered him $2500 for it, and tbh I nudged him towards that. I'm fine with either outcome.

Stared cleaning up my dad's old steering wheel. He's had this thing on a pile of family cars since the 80s and its been on 2 of my cars. I dont think it's ever been washed. The grunge level was off the charts. It was coming off like a paste.
20230106_221601.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Extra 390 I bought for the Ford. I'd be trading the truck plus the 390, and a handful of other Ford parts for the riv and all the parts he has for it. And instead of me paying him $500 on top of that, it's now $100 AND he'll trailer it to my house. That's if the deal goes through. He mentioned someone offered him $2500 for it, and tbh I nudged him towards that. I'm fine with either outcome.
haven't seen a 390 in years, how much is that worth? $400 and a tow truck ride?

haven't seen a 390 in years, how much is that worth? $400 and a tow truck ride?
Bought it for $500 with an Edelbrock intake and a Holley on it. Guy is getting the short block basically.

Bought it for $500 with an Edelbrock intake and a Holley on it. Guy is getting the short block basically.
had to refresh my memory a bit...

yeah, they weren't had motors, put out some good torque. as long as you're keeping the good stuff, I'd say that the motor is worth the $500 cash he wanted. he gets a running truck and good shortblock, you get a car with a knock and a tow to your house

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor