What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

So I have replaced the intake manifold onmthe CVPI a few days ago. Everything is almost back together. Only issue is that the intake gasket set did not come with the correct water neck gasket. None of the local stores carry Ford water neck gaskets and waiting for them to come from Rockauto. I ordered 2 to have a spare on hand since they are so hard to get. Also ordered spare injector O rings as they are hard to get too. Auto stores and thd aftermarket just really suck anymore
One pain I hate about some of the blue oval thinking of the later years. Why make one thing good that matches all we build when we can make 5 and not even know what we did ourselves.
A 289 & 302 and other ones use pretty much everything the same , truck or car. Now line up five of the exact same vehicles and they are all different and not easily interchangeable. And it’s not just Ford anymore too.

Reactions: Clone TIE Pilot
Johnny goes red, black, double black, gold, green, platinum, blue.

I've had a shot of green one time, bought a bottle of black and it was a little smoother than the red.

This one was free so it'll taste good.

20230518_221137.jpg

One pain I hate about some of the blue oval thinking of the later years. Why make one thing good that matches all we build when we can make 5 and not even know what we did ourselves.
A 289 & 302 and other ones use pretty much everything the same , truck or car. Now line up five of the exact same vehicles and they are all different and not easily interchangeable. And it’s not just Ford anymore too.

It seems with the 2V Mod V8 the aftermarket just screws up. I said before that Dorman intakes are complete junk. The engine had a aftermarket replacement oil cap that leaked because the seal was too small. Replaced it with a Ford cap that had a larger seal that fits perfect, no more oil leaks.

The intake gasket set was Fel-Pro but the red water neck seal it came with was too small. The Ford seals seem to be black and slightly larger. Maybe the aftermarket is consolidating applications that don't really interchange again?

Reactions: Ugly1
I've just been offered a deal for a pile of junk I dont need, and, probably can't really work on, but it's so cheap.

2011 mustang premium v6. Clean Title. Runs/drives. Leather, heated seats, factory shaker sound. Rear ended a pickup in the front, took out the lights and knocked the top of the flimsy core support back about 8 to 10 inches. Lower rails and crash bar untouched. Driver front bags blew, passenger front, the roof, the doors didnt. Grill was intact oddly enough. Rear quarter by decklid has a dent as well.

They wanted more, but, after talking a bit it'd take $1000.

I'm thinking of it as a parts car... or slice the front off and do a tubular FE swap, grab a $5000 procharger kit and go to town.

If it wasn't so cheap, I wouldn't be tempted. Also, I always was somewhat fond of grabber blue....

Reactions: Wraith
I have crimped on new pins at that point or splice a whole new one in.
Don't worry, I am replacing them as I find them and trying to replace the brittle convoluted tubing that is barely there. That motor has been replaced twice now, so that harness has seen way more flexing than it was designed for and I am starting to see fatigue failures on some of the wires. I fix them when I find them, but finding them has been about 50% luck.

I've just been offered a deal for a pile of junk I dont need, and, probably can't really work on, but it's so cheap.

2011 mustang premium v6. Clean Title. Runs/drives. Leather, heated seats, factory shaker sound. Rear ended a pickup in the front, took out the lights and knocked the top of the flimsy core support back about 8 to 10 inches. Lower rails and crash bar untouched. Driver front bags blew, passenger front, the roof, the doors didnt. Grill was intact oddly enough. Rear quarter by decklid has a dent as well.

They wanted more, but, after talking a bit it'd take $1000.

I'm thinking of it as a parts car... or slice the front off and do a tubular FE swap, grab a $5000 procharger kit and go to town.

If it wasn't so cheap, I wouldn't be tempted. Also, I always was somewhat fond of grabber blue....
Find a use procharger kit I’m sure they’re plenty out there.

Find a use procharger kit I’m sure they’re plenty out there.
Yep, come up for sale all the time.

I was hoping someone would talk me out of it, but, the more I think and wait around the more it sounds like I'll be stuck with it lol

Reactions: Ugly1
Don't worry, I am replacing them as I find them and trying to replace the brittle convoluted tubing that is barely there. That motor has been replaced twice now, so that harness has seen way more flexing than it was designed for and I am starting to see fatigue failures on some of the wires. I fix them when I find them, but finding them has been about 50% luck.
In the LS1 Fbodies, that's your 1998-2002 V8 Camaro & Trans Am, the 4-pin connector going to the alternator had one little 18ga wire in it. I've seen many break as soon as you try to unplug it to do any work. I would splice in a 16ga or a 14ga, and pin in 2 more wires on each side of it like 12" long. Then tape them all together to add strength. I used to build them harnesses so I've got a bunch of connectors laying around, the pins are the same. The small tools come in handy to pop them out and in.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor