What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Bring him home. My mom's greatest wish was to die peacefully at home in her own bed. That was one wish that I was able to grant her. Couldn't do that for dad; he stroked out in the hospital after surgery and the second stroke finished him off.

Never got to meet my maternal grandfather. He was a farmer when that meant unrelenting hard labor and he died fairly young. Think my paternal grandfather was 72 when he passed and I was about 10 at the time. Minimal contact there too. In my generation, kids didn't see much of the grands beyond Sunday suppers. Both my grandmeres are long gone as well.

As for the Scotch, personally, find the best Single Malt that the liquor store has on its shelves and lay the bottle on him. If the hospital gets snarky about the discharge, they do make those little aircraft sized mini-bottles. The scotch isn't the greatest but they are a lot easier to smuggle in.

Otherwise, know that you are being thought of, and that you are in my prayers.

CopperNick sends

Reactions: 1 users
Bring him home. My mom's greatest wish was to die peacefully at home in her own bed. That was one wish that I was able to grant her. Couldn't do that for dad; he stroked out in the hospital after surgery and the second stroke finished him off.

Never got to meet my maternal grandfather. He was a farmer when that meant unrelenting hard labor and he died fairly young. Think my paternal grandfather was 72 when he passed and I was about 10 at the time. Minimal contact there too. In my generation, kids didn't see much of the grands beyond Sunday suppers. Both my grandmeres are long gone as well.

As for the Scotch, personally, find the best Single Malt that the liquor store has on its shelves and lay the bottle on him. If the hospital gets snarky about the discharge, they do make those little aircraft sized mini-bottles. The scotch isn't the greatest but they are a lot easier to smuggle in.

Otherwise, know that you are being thought of, and that you are in my prayers.

CopperNick sends
As soon as they get his breathing stabilized he'll be on his way home, possibly today or tomorrow. Family is all in from out of town. As for scotch he prefers cheap, absolutely loves Johnny Walker Red. Always appreciate prayers.
I'd walk in with a bottle and a couple shot glasses without caring who said what given the occasion, they can get over it.
Already did lol. Nurse said if I didn't get rid of it, she'd have to call security. By that point he'd already had a couple. He was smiling like a little kid who just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar... worth it.

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
Pulled Rusty, my 1932 Ford out, and took him for a ride. I heard all sorts of rattling, so I pulled it into my shop and after closer inspection, I found all the 4 link bars bushings GONE, along with the rear coil over bushings. So, after an hour of searching for replacements and finding them, I ordered replacements. I also ordered new air cleaners for the tunnel ram, changed the oil, and cleaned the NGK plugs.

EDITED for terrible spelling and grammar!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
As soon as they get his breathing stabilized he'll be on his way home, possibly today or tomorrow. Family is all in from out of town. As for scotch he prefers cheap, absolutely loves Johnny Walker Red. Always appreciate prayers.

Already did lol. Nurse said if I didn't get rid of it, she'd have to call security. By that point he'd already had a couple. He was smiling like a little kid who just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar... worth it.
Toss her a couple too and tell her to hush it.

Johnny Red is cheaper stuff for a quick drink, it's not trash tho, much worse out there. I've got a bottle in my cabinet if I want to get into some Scotch for the taste. Some of that stuff definitely can get expensive.

My dining room window may possibly need to be replaced in my house, which owning a house is a never ending project. Freak accident closing the lower window one day broke one of the inner panes on the upper dual pane section. I'm not sure yet if the whole thing has to come out or the panes themselves are individually replaced in the frame, a buddy of mine said they might be so we are going to look at it this weekend. I haven't had time to get into it given work schedule and other stuff. Fortunately it's just one broken and still keeping the weather out.

A little while back when it happened I put the word out in the local area groups looking for someone to basically come and look at it in case the whole thing needed to be done and to get a quote. I can do it myself but I would rather pay somebody who wants to work for some money to do this given what it is.

Here is the debacle, keep in mind that last sentence above. I've had a couple people message me saying they want to come out and look at it, and I have yet to have anybody show up. You can't get anybody to even show up to pay them for any work at all.

So basically I'm at the point if individual sections can be replaced I'll do that. If the whole thing has to come out, I'll go down that road..

My dining room window may possibly need to be replaced in my house, which owning a house is a never ending project. Freak accident closing the lower window one day broke one of the inner panes on the upper dual pane section. I'm not sure yet if the whole thing has to come out or the panes themselves are individually replaced in the frame, a buddy of mine said they might be so we are going to look at it this weekend. I haven't had time to get into it given work schedule and other stuff. Fortunately it's just one broken and still keeping the weather out.

A little while back when it happened I put the word out in the local area groups looking for someone to basically come and look at it in case the whole thing needed to be done and to get a quote. I can do it myself but I would rather pay somebody who wants to work for some money to do this given what it is.

Here is the debacle, keep in mind that last sentence above. I've had a couple people message me saying they want to come out and look at it, and I have yet to have anybody show up. You can't get anybody to even show up to pay them for any work at all.

So basically I'm at the point if individual sections can be replaced I'll do that. If the whole thing has to come out, I'll go down that road..

If it's a newerish house, you should have a vinyl flange you can cut with a utility knife to remove the window. The replacement would be screwed in from the inside around the perimeter after cutting its flanges off. The flanges are used prior to installing siding.

If it's a newerish house, you should have a vinyl flange you can cut with a utility knife to remove the window. The replacement would be screwed in from the inside around the perimeter after cutting its flanges off. The flanges are used prior to installing siding.
House is from 1993, outside wall is brick with the window frame sitting in that hole mounted in 2x4s most likely. The whole window assembly looks to be an aluminum frame, the seals going around each glass look to be vinyl. It looks like it's sitting in the aluminum frame and not removable, but again haven't got a good look at it yet.

House is from 1993, outside wall is brick with the window frame sitting in that hole mounted in 2x4s most likely. The whole window assembly looks to be an aluminum frame, the seals going around each glass look to be vinyl. It looks like it's sitting in the aluminum frame and not removable, but again haven't got a good look at it yet.

If it's that old you may be able to repair it then rather than replace.

Toss her a couple too and tell her to hush it.

Johnny Red is cheaper stuff for a quick drink, it's not trash tho, much worse out there. I've got a bottle in my cabinet if I want to get into some Scotch for the taste. Some of that stuff definitely can get expensive.
Mis-quoting Thorogood here but "Johnny Walker, and his pals Blackie and Red." Johnny Walker Black is a step or two higher up the palatable chain from Red. Slainte.

Nick

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor