What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Mis-quoting Thorogood here but "Johnny Walker, and his pals Blackie and Red." Johnny Walker Black is a step or two higher up the palatable chain from Red. Slainte.

Nick
I Drink Alone..I know that song quite well

Reactions: 1 user
It's not a project in the traditional sense. But I've been working for 3 weeks now, fighting bureaucratic BS and contradictory 'internal rules with CVS/Caremark as the pharmaceutical benefits coordinator on our health plan to pick up the chemo drugs tab on the low-risk medications for my situation and histories without using inferior 'formulary' drugs that had very high risks in general, and even higher for me.

Today they finally gave in, after dozens of 2+ hour phone calls.

I won.

Its covered.

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for all the prayers and condolences everyone. My grandfather is home and probably down to his last hours. He's comfortable and all of my aunts and uncles are here. He was drinking scotch and telling jokes with everyone last night but he's been most unconscious today. He did pop up a couple times, last time said "having fun yet?" Gotta love him, definitely never lost his personality.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for all the prayers and condolences everyone. My grandfather is home and probably down to his last hours. He's comfortable and all of my aunts and uncles are here. He was drinking scotch and telling jokes with everyone last night but he's been most unconscious today. He did pop up a couple times, last time said "having fun yet?" Gotta love him, definitely never lost his personality.
Step away from us for now & enjoy this time with your grandfather. We all will be he later when you need us.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
So for about the last 3 weeks I’ve been bouncing from Dr. appointments and working on my sister’s 2003 F150- 7700 series supercab. We had a body shop and friend replace the inner and outer rockers🙄. That being done, I started on the rear frame, fuel tank, brake lines, rear shocks, EVAP rubber hoses, and putting on a “ better “ bed out of Georgia. ( That being a fiasco unto itself!).
I know people will probably not be happy with my choices on some things I did in the future ( me being one when I have to work on it again). Here are pictures
70493257740__EA9D995B-AC13-4E5F-8795-E6FBF85B622D.jpeg
70493258993__527B592E-6B1F-40A9-88B6-583EB8075B12.jpeg
IMG_4247.jpeg
img_4248-jpeg.221000
IMG_4276.jpeg
IMG_4277.jpeg
IMG_4282.jpeg
IMG_4279.jpeg
IMG_4281.jpeg
70561866610__8A56F33F-83B0-421C-96C9-0E667A46B9FC.jpeg
IMG_4283.jpeg
70550760617__88F9CB3C-3354-4A26-9511-E6158660BE8A.jpeg
IMG_4266.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4248.jpeg
    IMG_4248.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 131
  • In Love
Reactions: 2 users
Been having EGR performance codes on my Grand Cherokee, and changing the valve didn't really seem to help. I ended up finding a broken wire right at the connector. I found a replacement pigtail and soldered it back in.

20230518_153242.jpg

Then this happens during reassembly...
20230518_153926.jpg

Well crap. I managed to solder it back together temporarily, but I have a new connector showing up tomorrow. Gotta love that Chrysler reliability.

I Drink Alone..I know that song quite well
Woke up today with the thought that maybe Bushmills or its newest variant "Black Bush" might be a gift to consider until I saw the latest post.

"Eternal Rest Grant Unto Him, Oh Lord,
May He Rest in Peace."

"May His soul and the souls of all the Faithful Departed,
Through the Mercy of God,
Rest In Peace,
AMEN."

(Been a witness to that prayer too many times in the last year but the sentiment continues to ring true.)

CopperNick sends

Been having EGR performance codes on my Grand Cherokee, and changing the valve didn't really seem to help. I ended up finding a broken wire right at the connector. I found a replacement pigtail and soldered it back in.

View attachment 221011

Then this happens during reassembly...
View attachment 221012
Well crap. I managed to solder it back together temporarily, but I have a new connector showing up tomorrow. Gotta love that Chrysler reliability.
I have crimped on new pins at that point or splice a whole new one in.

So I have replaced the intake manifold on the CVPI a few days ago. Everything is almost back together. Only issue is that the intake gasket set did not come with the correct water neck gasket. None of the local stores carry Ford water neck gaskets and waiting for them to come from Rockauto. I ordered 2 to have a spare on hand since they are so hard to get. Also ordered spare injector O rings as they are hard to get too. Auto stores and thd aftermarket just really suck anymore

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor