MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
My biggest concern is what cam would play nice with the '90 truck computer if i did go roller.

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
L31 Vortec spec would be a safe bet. GM LT1/4 Hot Cam would be nice but not stock ECU friendly.

This. Ramjet/marine cam should also be OK, it's barely bigger than the L31 cam. Can use whatever LS lifter is cheap now too.

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Had the day off so I did an oil change and washed the Xtreme.
20230825_143447.jpg
Going to a car show tomorrow figured the least I can do is wash and vacuum it out.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Probably the bosses for the frog that, on a roller engine, holds the lifters in place. Some blocks came with the bosses casted in but no roller set up so they can be converted. Guessing that the question here is whether or not your block has those bosses in the lifter valley so that you could upgrade to rollers?

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Barked up the compressor, oiled and plugged in the DA and proceeded to strip down the eyebrow over the passenger side rear wheel on the truck box. No serious damage, just surface rust and paint blisters. Took it all down to the bare metal for a thorough check over.

Went from that to the front shocks and threw Long Arm and a 13mm impact socket at the bottom two to see if all the Deep Creep had had any effect. The back one came about half way very easy and then the retainer clip on the lower control arm failed and it started to spin. Gave the front a try and it came all the way out with very litlle persuasion. Went back to the back one and saw that it had come out enough that I could get a screwdriver behind the washer. No joy on prying at it but that did give me an idea. Grabbed Dr. Dremel off the tool box and loaded a micro grinding wheel into the chuck. Proved to be enough room between the head of the bolt and the washer that I could get the wheel in there and proceeded to amputate the head of the bolt off. Popped the stump back into the spring and pushed the shock aside far enough to dig the corpse out.

Napa says it has the shock lower mounting clip kit so tomorrow is me going over there to see if they speak truth. If so, back into my bunny suit, spray more Creep on the bolts and go for the driver's side.

The upper nut is going to fall victim to my air saw; I Have Blades....Ah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah........................

Nick

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Got a set of freshly machined heads for $80.
Word has it guy had the heads done I stalled them and found out the engine was stuck. Don't look like they were ever ran, just installed. Surface rust from sitting.
IMG_20230825_211458860.jpg

IMG_20230825_211443070.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor