What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So what's plan to eradicate the surface rust? Looks to maybe involve some dissassembly?

Nick

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I bought another daily driver Today and I am just doing some little things to clean it up.
So I wet sanded and then buffed both head light lenses and they came out pretty good.
20230826_161517.jpg
20230826_173431.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Tires on the plan?
I almost wanted to drive straight to the tire shop instead of home, but tires are first on the list.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So Napa had the clips but not the right ones. Ended up finding them on E-Bay. Turns out they are already in the NOS category as most contemporary shocks now come as coilovers and they are assembled all together differently.

So decidied to see if the spark plugs would cooperate and managed to remove and replace 5/6 of them without too much hassle. Number 6 is going to be the monumental PITA because it is the one behind the steering shaft. Absolutely requires a special offset socket which I do happen to have from Snap On$$$$$.

Also chose to replace the plug wires along the way and found my misfire. Driver's side, first wire in the series was full of Rust!! at the plug end. Iron ore rich environment complete with rusticles. Not sure how that can about as I normally apply a generous layer of silicone grease/lube to the inside faces of the boots before I snap them into place.

The old wires were Taylors which I can't get anymore. The ones are from MSD and I have to say that they match the old ones for length very closely; just that little bit longer that makes getting them snapped into the cap a wee bit easier. Even pre-made even though the box has some kind of instruction printed on it about how to make your new wires once you have measured them for length.

I chose to save No 6 for tomorrow, when I feel up to it. Sitting on the concrete floor makes my hips start to ache after a while and that kills my concentration. Sucks but there it is.

May defer it to Tuesday to deal with the yard and house stuff.

Nick

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Took a 2 hour one way trip yesterday in the F150 and noticed when I floored it to pass on the highway there was a good bit of smoke coming out the exhaust. When I got home I checked my catch can and it had an ounce or two of oil in it, so I emptied it. This morning I decided to further investigate by removing and inspecting the intercooler. There was a bit of oil and condensation inside, but nothing alarming. I cleaned it with degreaser and rinsed as much oil out of it as I could, and reinstalled. Took it for a ride and it isn't smoking under acceleration anymore. I drive like a grandma most of the time so I think when I floored it, the engine probably just got a gulp of whatever oily schmoo was in the intercooler from the past however many miles.

While I was working near the front if the truck, I removed the front air dam and trimmed it a bit. I know it is for fuel economy but it looked ridiculous. I trimmed it from 5-6" to about 1.5".
20230827_193323.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor