What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Ah, CK80, not looking to pry here, but is this something like lung failure or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD) a-brewing here? Because your stats on CO2 saturation give me the feeling that you are definitely not processing air for its oxygen and discharging the by-products anywhere near where you ought to be.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Zeus785

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2018
Started my Tahoe motor swap.

1710507968278.png

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
After test driving the Monte, wanted to see what we could come up with the transmission that has been an issue with the GTO. Decided to check fluid and it was about a quart low in the transmission so we topped that off, then removed all the nasty looking clutch master fluid with a few rounds of siphoning the fluid out after rounds of pedal pumps because the bleeder has moved to beside a piece where you can't get anything on it to turn it. After taking it for a drive, my buddy thinks it isn't the transmission itself but going to do a clutch and full replacement of small parts because it grinds when the clutch is pushed in and then stops when pulled out and not in gear. So now debating on the LS7 which I already have in there or going McLeod twin disc
20240314_174911.jpg
20240314_170147.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
Came back to GA after another round of docs poking proving and all the other BS.

Found a wet front yard as in a few inches of standing water against the house on one side.

Tried poking around with a flashlight to see if an upwelling area could be approximated, but, lungs weren't having it. Not just tree sperm trying to kill you season, but, this month my blood saturation c02 was at 120% of the high-limit - 36 mmol/L above a 23-29 as suggested range as normal low to high.

That's two months worth of climb. Had 9 months steady baseline data holding @ 27 to 26, wobbling, then 2 months now of increases of 4 and 5. To me, that spells trend. So, tomorrow we'll call a plumbing company to come figure out whats going on out there which also appears to have caused last month's water usage peaking to 45,000 gallons (luckily not city water, but, still a $200 cost for electric, pumps, etc.)

I'm sure it'll be at least $1000 fix between finding then repairing the leak.

Sucks man. I for one appreciate the major sacrifice you're making in trying to combat global warming be sequestering all that extra CO2 in your body

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
After test driving the Monte, wanted to see what we could come up with the transmission that has been an issue with the GTO. Decided to check fluid and it was about a quart low in the transmission so we topped that off, then removed all the nasty looking clutch master fluid with a few rounds of siphoning the fluid out after rounds of pedal pumps because the bleeder has moved to beside a piece where you can't get anything on it to turn it. After taking it for a drive, my buddy thinks it isn't the transmission itself but going to do a clutch and full replacement of small parts because it grinds when the clutch is pushed in and then stops when pulled out and not in gear. So now debating on the LS7 which I already have in there or going McLeod twin disc
I thought you all had a speed bleeder in that car? LS7 Clutch Kit is what I have in my Z06, it was put in at the 50k mile mark by the previous owner and been holding fine. Then again that car weighs 3085lbs making the power it does. I had the LS7 Clutch Kit in my SS and the cammed 6.0l setup killed it at the track one day, so depends on the power. Over 500hp in a 3200+lb car is probably the limit on that kit.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
how come no snow in pic? they said Colorado just got 4ft dumped on it

That's from a couple days ago. Got 3-4" yesterday and another 7" last night, so just shy of a foot. My boss who lives in Monument had 2' last night, so more by now I'm sure. They only get hammered up in the mountains, out on the front range we never get what the news blabs about.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
That's from a couple days ago. Got 3-4" yesterday and another 7" last night, so just shy of a foot. My boss who lives in Monument had 2' last night, so more by now I'm sure. They only get hammered up in the mountains, out on the front range we never get what the news blabs about.
ok, I'm confused. Monument is not in the front range? map shows it north of ColoSprings and east of the mountains?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I thought you all had a speed bleeder in that car? LS7 Clutch Kit is what I have in my Z06, it was put in at the 50k mile mark by the previous owner and been holding fine. Then again that car weighs 3085lbs making the power it does. I had the LS7 Clutch Kit in my SS and the cammed 6.0l setup killed it at the track one day, so depends on the power. Over 500hp in a 3200+lb car is probably the limit on that kit.
No that was the buddies car, I am looking at which one to get since I am probably gonna go LS7 again from Rock Auto since stupid Summit gives us .99 cents as a dealer discount. Was debating on the McLeod cause I had originally been planning that so when I do a supercharger upgrade it can handle the power but don't see that happening any time soon so probably best just to stick with the LS7 cause Rock Auto has it a good bit cheaper

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Sucks man. I for one appreciate the major sacrifice you're making in trying to combat global warming be sequestering all that extra CO2 in your body
That's a good way to look at it. Maybe I just need to visit a few old buddies up north and blow off some hot air for a while, thats release it right?

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor