What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Not today, but mid last week the eternal "swap a SBC into a 1950 Mercury" project left my driveway to go in for exhaust. It will be back for tuning/troubleshooting after it's fixed from 'don't want to piss off my neighbors with open headers' status. :LOL:
why would they complain? ain't everbody crazy 'bout a Mercury and wants to cruise one up and down the road? 😁

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
went to minnesota to pick up a 2004r for cheap that "supposedly worked", and on the way the alternator in the k1500 died in a spectacular fashion.
432426316_435735308981310_615081194335971793_n.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Worked on getting some more sheetmetal on and aligned on this old Chevy.

IMG_4303.jpeg

Lots of little tweaks here and there to coax things into place, but they all add up. I’ve done over 90% of the bodywork on it so far, we’ve been working our way from the back forward. Just the hood and passenger fender left to go, we just finished completing the reinforcement around the scoop opening with seam sealer today.

Reactions: 8 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
what's the issue? I don't see an earth-shattering ka-boom here

Looks like it either barfed rust out the front or dissolved the insulation off the stator windings and barfed that out the front.

Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Looks like it either barfed rust out the front or dissolved the insulation off the stator windings and barfed that out the front.
ahhhh, the dis-coloration. thought it seemed dark but he said spectacular so I was looking for a meltdown or ka-boom or something

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
what's the issue? I don't see an earth-shattering ka-boom here
spectacular fashion as in, i've never had an alternator physically fail and sh*t rusty metal debris everywhere.

• Haha

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Worked on getting some more sheetmetal on and aligned on this old Chevy.

View attachment 236714

Lots of little tweaks here and there to coax things into place, but they all add up. I’ve done over 90% of the bodywork on it so far, we’ve been working our way from the back forward. Just the hood and passenger fender left to go, we just finished completing the reinforcement around the scoop opening with seam sealer today.
57, 2-door post. Cool car!

• Agree

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
This one here is what I put in my SS and my Z06, all pretty much the same price.

See what the LS7 Clutch Kit is from them too.

You see where it goes in the GTO, which is pretty much the same as the Fbody given the same transmission setup. I put one in my Z06 when I did a Master Cyl replacement from killing it at Tail of the Dragon, that is where that $50 part is next level worth it.

To bleed the Clutch in the C5-C7 Corvette you need to remove the Exhaust and Floor Pan Mid Brace just to even get to the bleeder bolt you see there off to the right..

View attachment 236641

View attachment 236644

The reason why it's spaced apart like that is because I took that Speed Bleeder and installed it in the car without removing the Slave Cyl. The planets had to align for this to happen. It got done tho, only had to make one custom tool, deep well 1/4" socket cut out to clear the line while I could tighten the line on the AN Fitting that it goes on, there is an adapter you install first on the Slave Cyl with the copper washer.

Pics here of the fun that was involved..

View attachment 236639

Stock bleeder bolt removed and adapter in

View attachment 236643

Bleeder line tightened on the adapter

View attachment 236640

Bleeder line ran along the stock line to the Slace Cyl and heat wrapped. I have it secured to the Hood Latch on that side if I need it

View attachment 236642

I probably posted pics at the time I did this, talking about again doesn't hurt given in this car that $50 part is worth it's weight in gold. Sooo much time saved with having that installed. Supercharged111 some info here if you have to do it, it can be installed in the car without removing the Torque Tube, just takes one custom tool and a few choice words.. :)
Yeah I am pretty sure that is the one we put on when doing it a few weeks ago, I had glanced at the Monster version and a few others. Was really hoping Rock Auto had something so I could just get it all from one place. But I will check Tick on their pricing on the clutch

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor