What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwarren79

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2018
Safford, AZ
Wow the clutch on my 01 Jetta waited until 200K to take a sh*t maybe I won’t buy a newer jetta

A lot of the car companies are going 70-100k and/or lifetime powertrain warranties, jetta went from 6yr/65k to a 4yr/50k warranty. Hard to believe in a product when even they don't believe in it.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Figured how to use my college edjumecation & loaded the XM app to my phone & TV. I is so smart. :banana:
Now if the Jr. Mechanic was home he would of had it done in no time cause an 8 year old knows that stuff better than a 45 year old. :doh:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Is it child abuse if you give them protective equipment before letting the wrist shots fly?

IMG_20201011_124403.jpg

She seems to be a bit of a natural...

Assembled another net today too. Now we can scrimmage.

Reactions: 6 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Is it child abuse if you give them protective equipment before letting the wrist shots fly?

View attachment 159191

She seems to be a bit of a natural...

Assembled another net today too. Now we can scrimmage.

Nah the only thing you need to be worried about abuse wise is the Senators logo.... it could be worse. It could have been a Leafs jersey.....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Nah the only thing you need to be worried about abuse wise is the Senators logo.... it could be worse. It could have been a Leafs jersey.....

Wife is an Oilers fan. I love the Devils. The girls were born in O-town so they cheer for the Sens.

Never. Ever. With a f*cking Laffs jersey be worn by anyone in my household.

Or a Rags or Flames jersey for that matter.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Found out why the steps to the deck were feeling a bit soft. F*cking ants.

IMG_20201011_150918.jpg

So I got to build an emergency stringer of out of a random piece of leftover pressure treated I had laying in the back 40.

IMG_20201011_150930.jpg

Using the wife's wood working tools. Because I hate working with dead tree carcasses.

IMG_20201011_150954.jpg

Not total sh*te, eh?

IMG_20201011_152916.jpg

Even got a little help from someone who loves to burn the clutch out of her Mama's drill. I think it is genetic. She said it sounds like farts.

I'll probably stain it tomorrow.

Going to need to address a few deck boards in the Spring. This is the most I have had to do other than paint and stain it a few times over the last decade.

Reactions: 8 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Did an amount of stuff to the f2shitty.

Timing cover gasket set
timing chain
water pump gaskets
oil change and filter
plugs
wires
painted air cleaner housing
replaced air cleaner
painted valve covers
valve cover gaskets
installed lock ring for ignition cylinder so its not just floating in the dash
fixed the tweaker *ss battery wiring
new battery
new alternator
new belts
new hoses
flushed rad
new thermostat
new wipers
made an oil adapter gasket

Did a large part of that stuff over the weekend, got it ready to go at 1am, got around the block, mother****incocksuckin thermostat is stuck closed. top hose hard as a mf, hot as a mf, bottom stone cold. wasn't doing this a week ago the last time i drove it.
And the oil filter, my god the oil filter. idk what super human put that thing on, but I literally had to use a dremel to cut it off. I took the adapter off, put that thing in a vise, no oil filter tool, pipe wrench (with filter in vise) would break that damn thing loose. I beat the sh*t out of the filter with a deadblow for revenge.
Also bought a used tape deck for $45 for the truck since the tweakers that owned it before seemingly gutted whatever sound system was in the truck.
Had to make an adapter to block gasket because no one had one in stock.
filter1.jpg
gasket2.jpg
plugs.jpg
filter.jpg
done.jpg
radio1.jpg

Starts and runs way better tho, despite that shitty way too big 750 edelbrock.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
got out there
removed thermostat and made a new gasket
no more over heating lol
ill fix it later

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor