Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Nov 4, 2012
The spark screen
Whats it do

It goes inside the muffler. Its supposed to keep any potential sparks from built up carbon or whatever from leaving the exhaust and potentially causing a fire. I remove them entirely from chainsaws but around dry leaves it might be a good idea to leave it in place.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Cleaned up leaves. Still a lot more to fall.
View attachment 159302

Backpack blower felt really down on power and it doesn't have a lot of hours on it.
View attachment 159303
Took a look at it and found the problem. Spark screen entirely gummed up. I usually throw these away but it's probably a good idea on a leaf blower.
View attachment 159304

Cleaned it out with a torch and put it back together. Running much, much better.
View attachment 159305
I hate cleaning up leaves but that fall foliage looks beautiful.

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
It goes inside the muffler. Its supposed to keep any potential sparks from built up carbon or whatever from leaving the exhaust and potentially causing a fire. I remove them entirely from chainsaws but around dry leaves it might be a good idea to leave it in place.
Spark condom got it

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Just run the mower over the leaves. My mower has a bag. I never rake in the Fall.
That don't work around my house. The chopped up leaves choke out the grass that's hard enough to grow in shale. I blow them back into the woods.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
That don't work around my house. The chopped up leaves choke out the grass that's hard enough to grow in shale. I blow them back into the woods.

Same. Too many leaves for it. They don't make a bagger for a my tractor/deck combination. My pushmower has a bagger but I don't feel like pushmowing an acre plus of leaves. Easier to tarp and drag them. One of those Trac Vacs would be nice but I don't want to store it for the 9 months out of the year that I won't use it.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I cut the grass at my sons place this weekend. I bag it and with the leaves I had twice as many stops to empty the bag compared to summer days

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor