What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
But really I just plain like the 3800. They have a distinct sound, especially at startup that I'm fond of. This one is a Series III which was the final and (IMO) best revision. They had a long production run and are stupid simple. The most complicated part is all the goofy accessory brackets GM used as a result of it being used in so many applications for so long.
So does this mean if you scatter 350 in the Skylark there'll be some form of a 3.8 Buick in it?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I spy with my little eye

a 69-75 IH pickup in the background!
gf's dad has two, one is that pickup and the other green with a wood flatbed. doomed to be yard art im afraid. they're so low on the priority list they almost dont exist.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Washed the ford, not that it looks like it. Mainly pressure washed as much gunk off the engine and bay as i could.
350359911_275526431600699_6201125405467980109_n.jpg

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I finished up refreshing the 4 link suspension on my 1932 Ford. It has a TCI Chassis, dropped I beam front and 9 inch rear with 4 links front and rear. All the bushings (plastic) were GONE, so in went poly, adjusted everything mint, and replaced the rear coilovers with a set that have heavier springs. I also lowered it some, the bucket has never drove and steered so good, for what it is, lol

Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Going about my weekly checks on the daily drivers I found out that I paid for an oil change that was never done on the wife's Sante Fe Sport. That makes the 2nd **** up Delaney Hyundai did on it last week when it was in for the ABS recall, b/u camera, A/C condenser, state inspection & oil change. 1st was the hired wrench not finishing the reassembly of the front under panels which both ended up being forced down between the tires & road as soon as the wife got up to speed. She didn't even make it an 1/8th mile before she pulled over to have me come back to her & see the damage. It's sceduled for next Friday afternoon for that fix. Guess I'm taking it all the way down to the bigger Hyundai dealer in Monroville. Guess my Saturday is wrecked cause I'm not doing what I had planned.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Going about my weekly checks on the daily drivers I found out that I paid for an oil change that was never done on the wife's Sante Fe Sport. That makes the 2nd **** up Delaney Hyundai did on it last week when it was in for the ABS recall, b/u camera, A/C condenser, state inspection & oil change. 1st was the hired wrench not finishing the reassembly of the front under panels which both ended up being forced down between the tires & road as soon as the wife got up to speed. She didn't even make it an 1/8th mile before she pulled over to have me come back to her & see the damage. It's sceduled for next Friday afternoon for that fix. Guess I'm taking it all the way down to the bigger Hyundai dealer in Monroville. Guess my Saturday is wrecked cause I'm not doing what I had planned.
I hear the extreme shortage of repair parts is leading Hyundais with theft damage from the USB cord hack being totalled instead of fixed, even with minor damage.

How does the wife feel about a nice yukon or tahoe?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I hear the extreme shortage of repair parts is leading Hyundais with theft damage from the USB cord hack being totalled instead of fixed, even with minor damage.

How does the wife feel about a nice yukon or tahoe?
I did pay for that oil change & nothing was said after they said they needed to change the oil to replace the drain plug & gasket. The two panels are in & waiting. We're kinda safe from that cause push button start.

As for a bigger ride she wants a new Palisade.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Sitting here with them seeing they screwed the pooch not getting things done. Then added that was their best tech! Now getting the already paid for oil change, finally getting the oil pan checked out, reassure things will be do right today & Friday when the under panels get replaced.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Lost two days due to an unexpected call in on Thursday; so instead of going for groceries, I went to work. Did manage to pick up the groceries, just a lot later in the day then I like to. Thursday night comes a call that my new rear drive chain is in, and the oil for the Van's oil change shows up too. Thing being they are at opposite ends of town and shift end is 16.30. Did manage to grab them both and spend a hour or more in the shop but came out of it so bent that sleep was not the panacea it normally is.

That said, I did elect to move the PCV hose from the back of the manifold to the front port on the Edelbrock, as shown by the posted illustration, and that left me with an open port on the manifold that i transferred the line to the brake booster to. Now all that is left is to plug the vacuum port at the rear of the carb, IF I can ever find a 1/4 brass pipe plug!!! Un obtanium does not begin to describe stock around here and the doofi (plural of doofus) that seem to be the current norm on the sales counters just seem to shake their heads and point to the computer while in total duh mode.

Have one more possibility to check out tomorrow or it is wait until Monday and hit the hydraulics supply shop. Bleah.

Nick

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Took the Elky Friday night to Mineral Beach and the GTO to get custard after Cars N Coffee since the Monte is down again
20230602_174907.jpg
20230603_123635(1).jpg

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor