Brick NJ
I made a bigger mess
22881.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I know about messes. But it looks like your shop is pretty dang big.
It's My bae at work. We're closed this week so my boss told me to work on my car. I don't think he knows I was going to rebuild an engine on his car-o-liner lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Decided that having the drain line laid off to the side as shown in the pictures could represent a opportunity for it to vibrate while the compressor was givin" "er, so
DSCN3061.JPG

DSCN3060.JPG

Bill of Materials

1 short chunk of 2 x2, orphan leftover from some other project

1 section of flat foam, who knows??

1 tube of Gloozit, oddly enough still useable after the winter cold

11 short section of metal perf strip strapping, cut from a bulk roll of the suff

2 #12 x 3/4 Rd Head Machine screws

2 3/16" hole size flat washers

All just bits and pieces, "stuff" hanging around the basement shop with the exception of the wood chunk and foam.

Assembly: Glue foam to wood; let dry, trim foam. Identify locations and drill holes for the screws, add one washer to each screw and secure strap in place. Leave one side loose to allow cradle to be slid into position under s/s nipple between the 90 deg ell and the ball valve.

Done.

Next item was to deploy the ladder and head on up to the top of the main door. Used a putty knife and some patience to extract the home made gasket that I created out of masking tape, lengths of wax paper, and spray foam. Whole thing came out in one long length. Popped the door fully open to check the carnage in the back lane, swept up the leftover debris from making the gasket in the first place.

Got the non G-Body G-body to go back into park; still have to visit the linkage at the shifter knuckle and tweak it a little. Put the ladder away; closed the door and checked that the top panel had reset itself okay, no light along the upper edge. Kool

Nick

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Left one of the garage doors open for hours with the heater running after getting the girls' bikes setup, and getting distracted by my youngest having a meltdown about not being proficient. Then I got back to working on Natasha's Z28 and forgot all about it. No one thought to remind me that I left the door open. My mistake, but we all had a talk about reminding the old man about important things. Shop is also now full of dried leaves. FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Bought a 12x20 Shed to store all my yard tools, chain saws, etc. The bicycles, go karts, quads, etc. I bought it unsided so I can side it to match the house. I had enough to do a short and long side, still need almost 3 square. The siding comes 2 square a box, and is special order so I had to buy it by the box. Looks like I'll have more extra. Still hasn't come in yet so I'll get pictures later.
20220411_092240.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Booked the lift install for next Wednesday. Fingers crossed I am not going to be buying a wall mount garage door opener too.

Now I just need to put the Kitty back together and get the Monte down and out of the way.

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
Booked the lift install for next Wednesday. Fingers crossed I am not going to be buying a wall mount garage door opener too.

Now I just need to put the Kitty back together and get the Monte down and out of the way.

would suck to have to replace a (presumably) perfectly functional garage door opener. But I got the jackshaft type for my garage and man, those are so nice and quite

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor