Oct 2, 2016
went to the Pate Swap Meet, bought me some tools :love:
$219 at Home Depot, $105 at Pate
View attachment 197541

$165-200 on WarriorGirl, $100 brand-new in the box at Pate
View attachment 197540

$16+tax at Lowes, $10 new at Pate

smalll portable Delta table saw, $30/used

found a clean welder at a great price but too much equipment for me!
Lincoln Electric 180 HD, $450 220v
Nice. What is WarriorGirl?

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
Consider, having 220 wiring in your house actually makes it more attractive to a potential buyer because it means you have taken the time and initiative to to keep the internal infrastructure of your residence current and/or up-to-date. It also means you can ask and get a higher price for your property, which translates into a better negotiating stance when it comes to being able close a deal on whatever you decide you want as the replacement. Even just having an updated main board with more breakers and a dedicated 220 circuit wired in is worth $$$ down the road.

Nick
As a hot rodder and drag racer, and former real estate agent, Nick is quite correct. This can apply to a dryer, hot water heater, stove and of course a welder .......................

Reactions: 1 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Consider, having 220 wiring in your house actually makes it more attractive to a potential buyer because it means you have taken the time and initiative to to keep the internal infrastructure of your residence current and/or up-to-date. It also means you can ask and get a higher price for your property, which translates into a better negotiating stance when it comes to being able close a deal on whatever you decide you want as the replacement. Even just having an updated main board with more breakers and a dedicated 220 circuit wired in is worth $$$ down the road.

Nick
Agree with Nick on this "although" my house is set up for it, the panel is maxxed out for space, so I have still robbed the 220 to feed my welder with a matching plug for my compressor that tie to the oven 220, the wife doesn't "use" it lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Played musical cars. So I have room to install the lift on Wednesday.

PXL_20220502_014926705.jpg

Put out the TBSS and the trash... or you don't get no lifting rack...

Reactions: 6 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Now that I do understand. When I wanted power for my then brand new shop, what I had to do was run the 220 direct from the house board, but not through it, back out the wall and into the ground in a trench I hand dug for that specific purpose. The only question the inspector asked was how I got the trench walls and floor so square to each other, LOL. So what showed up in the shop was pure 220, that got put into a sub box on the wall in there, and then broken out at that point into breakers for both 110 and 220. The way it is actually set up is that all the 220 draw in on one side/column, and the 110 is all on the other. Right now I only pull for two 220 plug ins but that may go up to four as the in house A/C and a second welding plug are on the "to be considered" list.

As for your house box, being full is not a good thing from an electrical inspector point of view. When the time does come for the house to be sold, any house inspector that is hired to visit the premises and evaluate the state/status of things is going to tag that situation because it will affect any renovation plans the new owners might have; which in turn would effect the amount they would offer for the property. It could even be a deal breaker because electrical upgrades tend to become a "while you're there" project because, while they just tend to start as a box swap, there is almost always that one circuit that has bad wiring or too light a gauge or wire for what is on it.

Nick

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Pic of the started bathroom. Doing a vaulted ceiling. Found commercial stainless sink and counter in junk yard for $200.00 for outdoor kitchen

1651587996491.png

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Marked the floor for the lift installation tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor