What did you do to your shop today?

Got rid of the 40+ year old pushmatic service panel for something newer. I'm sure there's aspect that aren't to current 2024 code, but it's substantially better than previous Setup.
Split few circuits that were combined as well, mainly perimeter outlets.had some 12-18 outlets on a single 20A breaker🤦🏻‍♂️ at least they ran 12/2 stuff which predates colored sheathing.

Not adding any more electrical load than already was there previously but man that old box was tight

Attachments

• IMG_20240817_082848456.jpg
    IMG_20240817_082848456.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240817_144223253.jpg
    IMG_20240817_144223253.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Got rid of the 40+ year old pushmatic service panel for something newer. I'm sure there's aspect that aren't to current 2024 code, but it's substantially better than previous Setup.
Split few circuits that were combined as well, mainly perimeter outlets.had some 12-18 outlets on a single 20A breaker🤦🏻‍♂️ at least that ran 12/2 stuff which predates colored sheathing.
Not adding any more electrical load than already was there previously but man that old box was tight

Can do 13 outlets per the 1.5A rule on a 20A breaker unless I'm missing something? So not too crazy ridiculous.

Can do 13 outlets per the 1.5A rule on a 20A breaker unless I'm missing something? So not too crazy ridiculous.
I'm not up to speed that much on limits. It's probably fine, but I didn't like it much. Also that pushmatic had 12 spots so they probably combined circuits for that reason mainly, new box has 20 spaces and light circuits I can run 2 circuit per space..

my shop is 60*80 pole barn that was built late 70s early 80s. My gues they used it for block heaters on tractors in the winter (Ohio).
It's a North/South facing building, with door on the south side, so I split it in to east/west circuits, did same thing to the lights, even though everything has been swapped LED. i could technically put ever light circuit on 1-15A breaker. Being surrounded by fields mice/squirrels can be an issue and I'd rather loose one string vs everything

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor