What did you do to your shop today?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
On Sunday we went 40 miles north and looked at 1.5 acres. We decided to put money down. It looks like we'll have a shop in a year or so. Sean and I are pretty excited. Dad is considering moving out to the area as well. Once it becomes a little more finalized, I'll probably start my own version of the "Escape From" thread. I guess our thread will be "Escape from the Big City". I'll think about it.

Finished up the compressed air system repairs and upgrades.

Got the broken Transair compression collar replaced, the regulator set and lines charged up, then inspected for leaks. Added tubing to the bottoms of all the filter float drains and tee’d them together into the condensate bucket.

View attachment 158358

View attachment 158360

Redid the timed tank and dryer drains into the bucket as well, and scrubbed all the old compressor oil film off the walls and floor.

View attachment 158359

View attachment 158357

Much better now, it’ll keep my floor clean and make the system more efficient with less air leaks and better filtration. It’s something I should’ve done a long time ago, but as the saying goes, “The shoemakers children sometimes go shoeless”.
😐

Donovan, I'll be reaching out to you when we set up the compressor in the new shop. I thought we had it set up pretty nice now, but your setup puts it to shame.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
On Sunday we went 40 miles north and looked at 1.5 acres. We decided to put money down. It looks like we'll have a shop in a year or so. Sean and I are pretty excited. Dad is considering moving out to the area as well. Once it becomes a little more finalized, I'll probably start my own version of the "Escape From" thread. I guess our thread will be "Escape from the Big City". I'll think about it.

Donovan, I'll be reaching out to you when we set up the compressor in the new shop. I thought we had it set up pretty nice now, but your setup puts it to shame.
Is the plan to build a house there, or drive 40 miles to work on stuff? Either way I am happy for you.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Is the plan to build a house there, or drive 40 miles to work on stuff? Either way I am happy for you.
It's only an acre and a half; there's no room for a house once the shop goes up! Unless, you make 2 stories....

• Haha
  • Clever
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Jared, I’m an air compressor service tech for a living. I’ve been doing it for about 6 1/2 years now, so I can definitely lend advice. I do it all, from trouble shooting and servicing anywhere from 2 - 200 HP compressors, portables, vacuum pumps, blowers, and designing and installing complete compressed air systems. Condensate management, in-line filtration, air management and efficiency, driers (in-line desiccant, refrigerant and twin tower desiccant) and so much more.

So yeah by all means, hit me up. I’d be happy to help.

Reactions: 6 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Thanks Zach. The plan is to build a new house, around 3k square feet and a shop, probably 40'x40'.
It's only an acre and a half; there's no room for a house once the shop goes up! Unless, you make 2 stories....
It's a compromise. We'd like to be more rural and have more land but this place has a good proximity to our jobs for when we must be in the office, has city water and fiber optic, isn't too terribly far from Dad if he can't make the move and we think we can afford it.
I vote for 20,000 sq/ft barndominium.
That fits our champagne taste but not our beer budget.
Jared, I’m an air compressor service tech for a living. I’ve been doing it for about 6 1/2 years now, so I can definitely lend advice. I do it all, from trouble shooting and servicing anywhere from 2 - 200 HP compressors, portables, vacuum pumps, blowers, and designing and installing complete compressed air systems. Condensate management, in-line filtration, air management and efficiency, driers (in-line desiccant, refrigerant and twin tower desiccant) and so much more.

So yeah by all means, hit me up. I’d be happy to help.
I knew what you did for a living. I was just giving you some props for the impressive setup. Thanks for the offer for help. I'll take you up on it when the time comes.

• Happy
Reactions: 5 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Thanks Zach. The plan is to build a new house, around 3k square feet and a shop, probably 40'x40'.

It's a compromise. We'd like to be more rural and have more land but this place has a good proximity to our jobs for when we must be in the office, has city water and fiber optic, isn't too terribly far from Dad if he can't make the move and we think we can afford it.

That fits our champagne taste but not our beer budget.

I knew what you did for a living. I was just giving you some props for the impressive setup. Thanks for the offer for help. I'll take you up on it when the time comes.
Makes me want to move down yonder....

I finished the last rip of Azek on the fascia from the redeux a minute ago. Then put it up.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Took advantage of Amazon Prime Day and ordered a pair of these for storing the four cars in the garage this year:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07W6B987F/?tag=rippca-20

1602769762316.png

Cheaper than four new batteries.

Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
  • Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor