Enough said
46CA1F4B-0A1B-4545-A87F-F19D1E12CC26.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Finally found the entry port that damn red squirrel has been using & sealed it off. May a cat get it or it freezes to death.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Finally found the entry port that damn red squirrel has been using & sealed it off. May a cat get it or it freezes to death.

here a great tool to hunt squirrels, the only problem is if you hit the squirrel you won't find anything remaining so you won't know if you really got it.... :popcorn:

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
here a great tool to hunt squirrels, the only problem is if you hit the squirrel you won't find anything remaining so you won't know if you really got it.... :popcorn:

I've got several 30.06 rifles that could of turned it into a pink mist but only was seeing it in the garage & don't need any extra holes in it.

Reactions: 3 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Stakes out my 30x40 shop with a 12 foot lean to . Decided to bite the bullet and build it. Will post as project proceeds.

• Winner

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
As I mentioned in another post today, I cleaned in the shop some more, which leads me to a very important question that I will ask now in order to get the broadest possible selection of answers. So my question is this: How come when you are working on a project in the shop, you seem to trip over something in the way every single time you turn around but when you are cleaning the shop, the mess seems to stretch all the way to the very farthest part of your property?

I seem to have the biggest, tiny shop I have ever seen. Anyway, I digress. In pondering how my shop seems to have an adjustable floor plan, I started thinking of ways to transfer some of the mess inside to somewhere else. This required some very strategic thinking because my beloved very quickly turns into a unbelievably strong and nasty customer when I let the mess get beyond the boundaries she has set. There was noooo way I could put the stuff I wanted to move anywhere in her sight. Anyway, what I came up with is, I think, quite clever.

Some of what I have in the shop, shouldn't be in the shop (60 gallons of stabilized gas in 5 gallon containers, 120 pounds of liquified (pressurized) propane in 30 pound drums, about 140 pounds of various types of Freon in 30 pound jugs and several gallons of highly flammable and under most conditions explosive solvents. After pondering for, what is for me, a very short time, I came up with the perfect answer. I will put it in a storage box on the side of my shop facing the neighbors house. Because the amounts of what I need to move, while not enormous are still substantial, it follows that my storage box will also have to be relatively substantial, too.

What I will end up with is a storage box 48" x 48" x 96". The top will be hinged on the back side and there will be two layers of storage in most of the box. It is about half finished and I took a couple of pics to post. (see below)

Any and all comments are welcome and I will do my very best not to be triggered by any negative sentiment displayed in the comments. (People can be so mean!!) (Sniff. Suppressed tears) I promise I will be brave!! Anyway, I was going to cut the top (cover) into two 4' x 4' pieces so that you don't have to raise the whole panel to get at something. The wood panels are heavy b*tches. Suggestions are seriously welcome because I'm not real happy about the two piece cover. Anyway, please let me know what you think.

IMG_0205[1].JPG

IMG_0207[1].JPG

Reactions: 2 users

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
Well, boys and girls, so far today, what I have done to my shop is to log in to this site, read a shitload of posts, like some, reply to some and read some replies to my replies. What I really can't figure out is why my shop doesn't look any different than when I started this morning. About 40 minutes ago, my son was leaving for work and I asked him this question. His reply was, "Your *ss is getting wider." and then the ungrateful, ignorant, little sh*t left. Can you believe that??? KIDS!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Well I realized I should have taken some pics. My Daughter's boyfriend works in the shop at a rental and ag equipment company, Flaman Rentals. He brought a Hilti and this for free.
C12x_360's-019678_0_0.png

I got the location done in the yard, I knew gas lines were underground and marked. There is a single small power line from house, some how I missed it all the way along till we broke through the concrete and guessed the way the line went. Well good thing, I flicked the 30 amp breaker, we guessed wrong. So now I have soldering, heat shrink and conduit repair. What am I doing you ask? I got a free furnace for my garage. This rental cost me about $2.50 in gas. So I am getting a gas line ran to my shop to run my furnace.

Last edited:
  • Winner

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Got my compressor geek on tonight in preparation for the upcoming shop season.

Replaced the old pressure regulator that the diaphragm had shat the bed and was leaking in, polished the overspray off its gauge, replaced all the inline filtration, and added automatic float drains to the filter bowls in place of the manual ones. Changed out the last filter assembly from one that accepts a charcoal filter to a second coalescing one, because moar oil removal = moar better.

Reconfiguring and redoing the automatic tank and dryer drains on the system as well, but gotta raid my stash of Push To Connect fittings and tubing at the shop first. Will be tying in the filter drains to my high tech condensate collection vessel too:

image.jpg

Broke the Transair compression collar removing the pipe from the regulator fitting, I’ll grab a replacement one of those in the morning too. Found the jam nut for the unloader line at the pressure switch on the compressor had vibrated loose and fell off as well, got that fixed up too. Check your equipment on a regular basis guys!
Only paid for the regulator (cost +), perks of being a compressor tech in the industry.
😏

CC8F1770-B90C-4965-8392-1615AB9D6A2F.jpeg

Reactions: 10 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Well I realized I should have taken some pics. My Daughter's boyfriend works in the shop at a rental and ag equipment company, Flaman Rentals. He brought a Hilti and this for free. View attachment 158184
I got the location done in the yard, I knew gas lines were underground and marked. There is a single small power line from house, some how I missed it all the way along till we broke through the concrete and guessed the way the line went. Well good thing, I flicked the 30 amp breaker, we guessed wrong. So now I have soldering, heat shrink and conduit repair. What am I doing you ask? I got a free furnace for my garage. This rental cost me about $2.50 in gas. So I am getting a gas line ran to my shop to run my furnace.

that helps out to plan for the dowry.... :popcorn:

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor